It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: What the heck is this place?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:45 am 

Quote:
Majik’s World of Fan Fic was founded on July 9, 2001 on ezboard. On July 1, 2005, we migrated from ezboard to its own web space. Throughout its various incarnations, one thing has always remained true at Majik’s World of Fan Fic – it’s a fan fic board for EVERYBODY. No fandom will ever be excluded, and all fandoms are welcomed. If enough people form a fandom start posting, we will happily create a forum for that fandom.

That’s the official write-up, but now I’m going to add my own comments, completely off the record.

Majiklmoon has very graciously offered to host SupportStacie’s auction here on her board. (You can hit the back button to go review those auction threads). During our early planning, we played around with other options, but ultimately realized that with the goals we had in mind (lots of fan & author interactions and a lot of fun), we needed a setup like this. A few of us thought we’d be able to handle screening the incoming rush of forms, but it quickly proved to be more than we anticipated, especially for those who were going back to school. So Majik got stuck with quite a few late night, panicky emails from some of us who couldn’t figure out html, php, or maybe even Microsoft word. ;-) Yes, there were numerous people involved, and they are all so important to us. But as I'm introducing her board, I feel I'd be remiss in not observing that majik was a great asset to this author auctionand I know I’m not alone in expressing my appreciation.

One of the neat things about Majiklmoon’s board is it’s multi-fandom setup. If she finds at least a handful of people who are interested in starting their own fandom forum, she’ll set it up (free!) for your enjoyment. She’s not here to make any money – she just enjoys being a part of something as big and amazing as fandom. So whether you’re a fab if “Gilmore Girls,” “Doctor Who,” “Gossip Girl,” Anime or “The Office,” I hope you know that majiklmoon will make you feel as welcome here as she did for me when I joined the board last week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]