It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:00 pm 

First the nit-pick; Liam was either 26 or 28 when he was sired; why is Angel physically 35? Side-effects? Or you just wanted this to be believeable inc ase it was filmed and people were looking at David on-screen :) ? (Of course, the second reason doesn't exist inside the fictional 'verse so, side-effects, I guess ;) .) A bit low on the action to be filmed, but I've enjoyed the whoel trip.

Meanwhile, I am very happy they have most of their answers now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:32 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

*grins* yes, it is low on the action end of things...this was a very character and story driven work...not so much of the fighty-fight stuff - no metaphors, just actual life.

And I went with 35 to account for the side effects of being a vampire + the effects of living on little to no blood for the year he was with Tara in Sunnyhell added to the amount of "hard living" he did before he was sired...I knew Liam had been sired in his 20s...but given those factors, I was assuming that he had the "body of a 35 year-old"

:grin and it's not like he could tell the doctor his actual birthdate...so maybe he just subtracted wrong and said 1973 instead of 1983 ;)

Willow's Promise on Myspace
Willow's Promise: the happy ending Willow & Tara *should* have had

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:00 pm 

Laurie, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story!!! I love your recent update!!! I'm so excited and happy that Angel is human and can (hopefully) be with Buffy! :) I've also liked how you tied in the Scoobies, their importance to the Slayer and how Tara was meant to be with Willow and that it was Angel who brought her there!!! :) Lastly, but not least, I liked how you incorporate Xander's importance as The Champion! Great update to a wonderful Buffy Fanfic!!! :) :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:58 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Happy Ever After

The taxi pulled to a stop and she felt her stomach drop out. She'd been looking for him for six months. Now that she was finally here, she was nervous.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of the taxi and smoothed her electric blue skirt and ivory top. She had chosen the outfit carefully to set off her ebony skin. It had been over a year since she'd seen him and she wanted to look her best.

Taking another deep breath, she extracted eight month old Noah from his car carrier and settled him on her hip. She hadn't told him about the boy and now that she was standing here, she wasn't sure she could go through with it.

Unaware that the driver had gotten out of the cab, she jumped at the sound of his soft voice. “It'll be alright, luv,” he said quietly, “any man'd be proud to have you and that handsome young man in his life. I'll wait here, but I don't think you'll need me. Go on now,” he gently prodded.

She smiled appreciatively at the man and placed a kiss on his cheek. “Thank you,” she said, gathering her courage.

One final deep breath and she approached the massive front door and rang the bell.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Giles watched quietly as the young people laughed and joked while they made dinner that night. Angel was human, Tara and Willow were together, Dawn and Xander were obviously happy in love. He sighed to himself, feeling a little left out. Not that they were excluding him, but he was not young nor part of a couple. Odd man out.

He again thought of Jenny, of Joyce, of Olivia – women he had cared about that had slipped through his fingers because of his work as a Watcher. Jenny, dying at the hands of Angelus. He glanced at Angel and felt no ill will toward the young man. Indeed, he was happy that Angel had achieved shanshu and he and Buffy were free to be together. Joyce, who'd died a natural death – as natural as a brain aneurysm can be – but from whom he'd distanced himself after their ill advised candy induced tryst. She had been, after all, his Slayer's mother. Olivia, sweet Olivia who'd left him after the Gentlemen but who he'd reconnected with after Buffy's death. They'd shared some wonderful times together until he'd been called on to help rescue the world from Willow. Olivia hadn't left, exactly, but they'd lost touch during the months preceding the final battle.

Buffy's voice cut through his reverie as she sidled up to him. “You okay, Giles?” she asked, concern written on her face.

“Hrm? Oh, yes, yes, Buffy, fine,” he said, “just thinking about how fortunate you all are.”

“Hey, you know you're family, right? You're pretty much stuck with us,” she said, smiling softly at him. “You know Giles I don't say it often, or ever, but I do love you, you know,” she kissed his cheek.

“Erm, yes,” he stammered, removing his glasses and polishing the spotless lenses on a handkerchief. “I, well, erm . . .” he continued stammering.

“Relax Giles, I know you love me,” she hugged him briefly then went back to helping the others with the meal preparations.

Giles just shook his head at the bright young woman he had, indeed, come to love. All of them, in fact.

The sound of the doorbell chimed through the house. Giles stood up. “I'll get it,” he said, heading toward the front door.

He swung the door open and stood there, stunned, for a moment. Then he felt a soft smile spread across his face as he looked into the eyes of the woman he'd never quite forgotten. His gaze shifted and he found himself staring at an infant who was staring back at him with the same green eyes he saw in the mirror every day.

“Olivia,” he said gently.

She smiled at him. “Rupert Giles, you are a hard man to find.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Epilogue

And so again she floated with purpose and determination. She knew the moment it happened and leapt without fear to begin her journey home. Electric Blue seeking Fiery Red.

Their reunion created the most brilliantly colored rainbow ever seen and sent a ripple of energy coursing through the spirit world.

“Where have you been? I've been looking for you,” Willow pouted.

Tara smiled. “This time, I had to find you.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*smiles* that's it folks...all done.

I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Laurie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:20 pm 

Wow, serious with the "bells are ringing at last" approach here. Sweet.

I was wonderign when we'd get the spirits on stage. That got me a tad misty. (hmm, was it canonTara's spirit sending canonwillow the images of alternaTara, since alternaTara apparently wasn't expecting this. I had been wondering re that loose end.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:44 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

In my head (scary place) ... the Powers That Be were using canonTara to facilitate the transition with canonWillow as the conduit. I hope that makes sense.

Laurie

Oh...and yeah...*grins* Happy Endings all around...I am the anti-Joss :grin

Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen) *COMPLETED*
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:45 pm 

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap I loved it, Laurie!! :) I thought you did an awesome job writing this fanfic from beginning to end, imo! :) I"m so happy that everyone was able to be together and have a "happy ending," including Giles!! :) I always thought he should have someone special in his life since he was such a great guy, imo!!! I'm near teary-eyed myself! lol! :) Nice ending, imo!!! :)

Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen) *COMPLETED*
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:24 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Hi folks!!

Willow's Promise was nominated for two Willowy Goodness Awards! :jawdrop

I don't know who nominated me but I'm flattered and I'm ... yeah, I'm asking for votes...

So if you thought it was good ...you can vote here: http://wga.hairy-eyeball.com/ until February 29, 2009.

Thanks for your support!

Laurie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8