It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 am 

Hee-hee, whenever Xander fails in coming up with a fan geek's explication of things, trust Dawn to jump in!

Nitpick- I would t5hink Giles (and maybe Buffy) would have a somewhat different reaction, try to iron out in more exact words what dawn is thinking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:43 pm 
:clap :clap :clap :clap Another great update! :) I really like how you write Dawn in this story, giving her a strong, adult-like quality and this chapter just shows it more as she offers her own take of the situation. Go Dawn! I also like how she cares for Xander but is staying strong in that area as well. I hope that he comes around and shows that he loves her and sees her the way she wants to be seen...:) This was a nice addition, I think, branching into another possibility with Tara being in a different dimension, but I do believe it is Tara that Willow is seeing. Awesome update! :) :clap :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:44 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Nitpick- I would t5hink Giles (and maybe Buffy) would have a somewhat different reaction, try to iron out in more exact words what dawn is thinking about.

Huh...I thought they did... hopefully I fixed that in later chapters. *G*

Angie wrote:
really like how you write Dawn in this story, giving her a strong, adult-like quality and this chapter just shows it more as she offers her own take of the situation. Go Dawn!

Thanks...since this is set a year after "Chosen" I was trying to build off what they did with Dawn in Season 7, projecting that she'd just keep maturing...faster than a normal teen because of all they've been through.

Willow's Promise on Myspace
Willow's Promise: the happy ending Willow & Tara *should* have had

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:50 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Willow & the Coven

Willow looked around the room that had always been one of her favorites. The couches were soft and squishy in a deep forest green. The rug was a rich brown and the walls depicted an autumn forest. The fireplace blended into the wall. There was a coffee table and two end tables in a light oak. It was a comfortable room; one she had spent countless hours in while recovering from her majick overdose. She closed her eyes and reached out with her senses. She could feel the majicks vibrating in the walls and the floor. She felt so comfortable, so at home.

Willow could hear Tara’s voice again as she walked through the house. It was that dream again.

“Juno, Goddess of the Moon,
please protect me
in this darkest time
in my season of need.
Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow
Messenger of women,
I beseech thee
allow my cry to be heard”

Tara was sitting on the floor, eyes closed, candles laid out in a pentagram. Willow heard her incantation again.

“Juno, Guardian of Women
I seek your protection
Iris please fly
on your wings of gold
please allow my plight
to be told”

“Tara?”

Tara’s eyes opened and she stared into Willow’s. “You promised you would always find me.”

Willow started trembling at the accusation in Tara’s voice and the pain in her eyes. “Tara, baby . . . I’m sorry. Tell me what to do . . . ”

“Willow?” Someone was gently shaking her. Willow woke disoriented. “Terese, hi! I guess I, uh, fell asleep.”

Terese nodded. She was a powerful witch incredibly in tune with the earth and the majicks, especially those having to do with the spirit world. She had the same quality about her that had drawn Willow to Tara; a quiet strength that belied her power. Of course, that’s where the similarities ended: A native of India, Terese was dark and earthy where Tara was cool and fair, shorter than Buffy and heavyset. She was also not afraid to speak her mind. Willow stood up and hugged her.

“Trouble, Willow? You were not peaceful when I came in.” Terese motioned for Willow to sit again and then sat next to her on the couch. “What can I do?”

Willow sighed. “I’m not sure there’s anything you can do, Terese,” she said and then began telling the witch about her sleeplessness and the dreams that were causing it. Terese nodded, looking thoughtful.

“Tara. Her death was the catalyst that caused you to come to us.” It was a statement. Willow nodded. “Your bond is strong. I can still feel it. What do your friends, especially Kennedy, think of all this?”

“My friends are concerned. Too much oddness. Too many elements that are too real. And Kennedy,” she sighed, “well, we’re not so much together that she’s voiced an opinion on the situation.”

“She is leaving.” It wasn’t a question. “Because of this?” she asked.

“No. This was more the proverbial straw,” Willow shrugged, “not enough of an us so much as a me and her.”

Again Terese nodded. “And this promise? The one that Tara keeps mentioning?”

Willow shook her head, feeling helpless. “I don’t know.”

“Well, then, that is where we need to start,” Terese said, standing and moving to one of the many bookcases. She pulled down a book and glanced through it, before handing it to Willow. Indicating a page with several Slavic gods and goddesses on it, she pointed to one. “This one. Study first, then pray to Mati-Syra-Zemlya. She is the keeper of promises. She hears all oaths and helps them to be kept. I will try to contact the spirit world and see if there is anything to be found there. You are not the only one having visions. Several of the coven members have been seeing some things that do not seem to be possible.”

Willow smiled gratefully. “Thank you, Terese. I knew you could help. Oh, how is the new cat? I'm glad Noel was able to catch him and bring him here. I'd been feeding him on the sly because Giles is allergic to them.”

“He is a wonderful mouser and very affectionate. We are glad to have him. And we are always glad to assist. I trust I will see you at our regular time later this week?”

“Oh, yes. I always look forward to our lessons.”

“As do I. Until then.” Terese smiled.

Willow rose and hugged the older witch. “Thank you again,” she said quietly.

“You are quite welcome. If something else occurs, do not hesitate to call upon me again.” Terese walked Willow out of the library and to the front door. “I will see you soon, my friend.”

Willow smiled and headed back toward Scooby Central. ‘Well,' she thought, 'that was helpful in one way. Not so much in the me getting some sleep department, though.' She sighed. ‘Hopefully the gang came up with something in the library.’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Goodbye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:03 pm 
:clap :clap :clap :clap Another good update! :) I'm glad that Willow was able to go to her friend and find some relief on what to do next. At least it gives her another avenue to try that she hasn't in the past...:) I think that her going was very beneficial also because she was able to learn that others are experiencing oddities as well! :) Great update! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Goodbye

As she walked home, Willow thought about her friends which led her to puzzle over Xander and Dawn. She let her mind drift as she walked, not forcing her thoughts in any particular direction. ‘Xander and Dawn never fight. Tara and I had rarely fought and then only about the majicks and my abuse of them,' she thought guiltily. She shook her head and returned her thought train back on track. 'Buffy and Xander fight more than Dawn and Xander. Kennedy and I never fight. Of course, you have to care enough to fight. I fight with Buffy more than Xander and Dawn fight.’ The thoughts were tickling her brain. “What am I missing?” she asked out loud, furrowing her brow as the thoughts refused to gel.

Willow was still streaming her consciousness when she reached Scooby Central. A light rain had started and Willow noticed a taxi parked outside the front door. She walked into the house and saw Faith coming down the stairs with a bag slung over her back.

“Hey, Red. Kennedy’s in your room packing. We’re outta here in a few.”

Willow hated it when Faith called her Red and Faith knew it. Controlling her annoyance she said, “Today? I thought you weren’t going for a couple of days?”

“Yeah, well, things change and we need to get there. So you might want to get in whatever hugs, kisses, and . . . whatever . . . you can. We’re leaving here in less than an hour,” Faith smirked.

‘Buffy obviously didn’t tell Faith why she should invite Kennedy to Cleveland,’ Willow thought. “Uh, thanks. I guess I’ll go see if Kennedy needs anything.”

“Yeah. Why don’t you do that,” Faith smirked again and headed out to the waiting car.

Willow sighed. She didn’t want to have this conversation. She also fought back the panic rising within her. Kennedy was leaving. ‘Selfish,’ she said to herself, ‘you’re just scared of the bogeyman that Kennedy was keeping at bay.’ She sighed again and headed upstairs.

As Willow reached the second floor landing, Kennedy came walking down the hall with a duffel bag in her hand and another slung over her shoulder. She slowed down when she spotted Willow.

“Oh. Uh. Hey. I was hoping you’d get back before we took off. You were gone when I woke up and the dining room and kitchen were both empty . . .” Kennedy trailed off, unable to meet Willow's eyes.

“I woke up and didn’t want to wake you,” Willow said, not wanting to get into her early morning meditations or her conversations with the gang and Terese. “Do you, uh, need any help?”

Kennedy shook her head. “No. I pretty much got it. There’s only a few things left in the room.” She shifted uncomfortably. “I’ll, uh, come find you before we leave.”

“Okay, good. Yeah. I’ll be here.”

Kennedy gave a quick nod then walked past Willow and down the stairs. Willow went to their – her - room. It didn’t look that different. The stuffed monkey she’d given Kennedy for Valentine’s Day and the fuzzy blanket the color of a sunset she’d given her last Christmas were the only things noticeably missing from the room. ‘This really wasn’t ever her home,’ Willow thought guiltily as she walked out of the room and back to the landing to wait for Kennedy.

She watched from an upstairs window as Faith and Kennedy finished packing up the car. She knew Vi and Rona were meeting them in New York and then the four of them were continuing on to Cleveland. Giles had said there were two watchers already there waiting for the slayers to arrive. She noticed a rainbow forming from the single ray of light filtering through the mist and smiled, remembering how much Tara had loved rainbows. She sighed. The gray skies and misting rain mirrored her feelings. She knew this was for the best. She knew she couldn’t give Kennedy what she needed or wanted. It still hurt. She watched as Kennedy came back into the house; heard her call out as she came up the stairs, “Willow?”

Willow steeled herself for the inevitable goodbye conversation. She didn’t want to cry; didn’t want to hurt Kennedy anymore than she’d already done.

“Hey. We’re leaving in a few. Buffy’s got all the info on where we’ll be.”

“Kennedy . . . ” Willow didn't know how to make this okay.

“Don’t Will. Don’t say you’re sorry. I couldn’t stand it.” She sighed, “Look . . . I . . . you know, you were never mine to keep. I can give you love and comfort. You can enjoy my body and give me yours. But your heart? Your soul? They’re hers. What we had was nice. It was what it was but it’s done,” she shrugged.

Willow nodded. “I know it doesn’t mean much, but thank you. I didn’t realize I was rebounding. You deserved better. You're a beautiful woman and you made me feel beautiful and wanted and alive.” It hurt to breathe.

Kennedy smiled softly, “You are. I gotta go.”

Willow nodded again, unsure of whether she should, or even could, hug Kennedy goodbye. They were still friends, weren’t they? Kennedy took the question away by stepping closer to Willow and pulling her into a hug. Willow hugged her tightly and fought back the tears. “You know how to find me. Friends. Always will be.” Kennedy broke the contact and turned away. She walked down the stairs and out the door without looking back.

Willow watched out the window as they pulled away. She hugged herself tightly. She didn’t want to break down because she was afraid if she started crying, she wouldn’t be able to stop. She felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist and turned into Xander’s embrace, crying into his chest.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Faith & Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:40 pm 
I feel badly for Willow and for Kennedy, but I feel that Kennedy's going away was the right thing for both of them, especially since Willow's heart belonged to Tara. I hope that Kennedy can meet someone else who loves her in Cleveland or beyond. I'm glad that Xander was there to hold Willow when she needed that shoulder to cry on....great update!!!! :) :clap :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

I'm glad you enjoyed it...I was really happy with the way this,and the next three or four, chapter(s) worked out.
Thanx!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:15 pm 
You're welcome! :) I look forward to Tuesday and what happens next with Faith and Kennedy...:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:58 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Faith and Kennedy

Kennedy walked into the house for the last time. She didn’t want to do this. She didn’t want to leave. It hurt to breathe. She loved Willow. Enough to let her go. She took a deep breath and screwed her face and attitude to her own version of five by five. Matter-of-fact, friendly. No tears. Those could come later. When Willow couldn’t see. She started climbing the stairs, calling out as she did, “Willow?” Kennedy found her standing by the window overlooking the driveway.

“Hey. We’re leaving in a few. Buffy’s got all the info on where we’ll be.”

“Kennedy . . . ”

“Don’t Will. Don’t say you’re sorry. I couldn’t stand it..” She sighed, this was so hard, but she knew Willow was hurting; possibly as much as she was. “Look . . . I . . . you know, you were never mine to keep. I can give you love and comfort. You can enjoy my body and give me yours. But your heart? Your soul? They’re hers. What we had was nice. It was what it was but it’s done,” she shrugged, hoping she was convincing Willow that she was okay with the way things turned out. ‘C’est la vie,' she thought.

Willow nodded. “I know it doesn’t mean much but thank you. I didn’t realize I was rebounding. You deserved better. You're a beautiful woman and you made me feel beautiful and wanted and alive.”

Kennedy smiled softly and reassured her, “You are. I gotta go,” she said, thinking, ‘yeah, I deserved better
. . . but I fell in love with you.’

Willow nodded again and Kennedy saw the uncertainty play across her face. Taking the decision away from Willow, Kennedy stepped closer and pulled Will into a hug. “You know how to find me. Friends. Always will be.” Kennedy broke the contact before the tears behind her eyes and the sob caught in her throat could break free. She turned away and forced herself to walk down the stairs and out the door without looking back, afraid that if she did Willow would be crying; more afraid that she wouldn’t be.

Kennedy got into the car, still trying to control the flood of emotions.

“That was quick. Figured you’d be at least an hour,” Faith said as the car started pulling away from her not-home.

“Yeah. Short and sweet,” Kennedy said, watching out the side window. She didn’t want to cry in front of Faith. She hadn’t told Faith about her breakup with Willow and, apparently, neither had anyone else.

“Surprised Red let you go. I know if you were my girlfriend, I wouldn’t let you out of my sight let alone overseas.”

Kennedy shrugged, not trusting her voice. Faith fell silent, leaving Kennedy to her thoughts. ‘Fresh start. Slaying. Faith is cool. Vi and Rona’ll be there. Wood’s already there. Already got our own little Scooby Gang. No. Not Scooby. Justice League, American Heroes, Tele-freakin’-Tubbies. But definitely NOT Scoobies.’ The first tear slipped out before she had a chance to stop it and apparently left the door open because it was quickly followed by a flood of friends. Kennedy let them flow, refusing to acknowledge them by wiping them away.

“Yo, K, it’ll be alright. I mean, I know it’s tough but, hell, we’ve got the dough. Red can visit, you can come back. There’s this new invention . . . the phone? Heard of it?” Faith rambled at her.

Kennedy just shook her head. She didn’t want to talk, didn’t want to hear, didn’t want to think. If she started thinking, she’d have to accept that it was over. She’d have to let Willow go.

Faith put a hand on Kennedy’s thigh. “Hey, it’s gonna be okay,” she said. Kennedy turned to look at Faith, tears streaming down her face. She shook her head, her voice strained as she said, “No. It’s really not,” she sobbed, before collapsing into a surprised Faith’s arms.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Next Week: Comfort

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:48 pm 

Wow, I...I, well, I just didn't think of Kennedy as the type to break-down over break-up that way. That's not a bash, soem people just aren't and I figured her for one of them. (As you'll sorta see when I get my own version of it up someplace.)
Then again, Kennedy as we saw her on0screen (via spoilers, for me) was Kennedy pre-Willow. That relationship can't help but change a person.

"Once you fall for Wil, you stay fallen." Got that one, Buf.

Really well-done.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:18 pm 
Ah, poor Kennedy! I hate that she fell so hard for Willow and then wound up being hurt so badly...I remember in the show it seemed to go that way too, at least I think it did? I hope that Faith can be there for her as a friend and help her move on. The group she goes to meet hopefully will be there for her too! Nice update, as always, but sad! :clap :clap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Then again, Kennedy as we saw her on0screen (via spoilers, for me) was Kennedy pre-Willow. That relationship can't help but change a person.

"Once you fall for Wil, you stay fallen." Got that one, Buf.

Really well-done.

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)

Angie wrote:
Nice update, as always, but sad!

That's what I was going for...a little closure on Kennedy before Willow can move forward.

I appreciate the feedback and continued support. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:07 pm 
You're welcome! I've enjoyed reading this story, I think it's very emotional and gripping! :) I think you did a good job with the closure and I look forward to where this will go from here! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Comfort

Xander watched as Dawn left the library. She was something, he thought as he stood and stretched. She didn’t look bad walking away in a pair of blue jeans, either. He sighed as the thought jumped unbidden into his head. He walked over to the windows as he thought about Dawn in her jeans. “Uh . . . why’s there a taxi in the driveway?” he asked.

Buffy looked up from the book she was studying. “Oh. Faith and Kennedy are leaving today.”

“Does Will know?”

“Probably not. Faith told me this morning before I came into the kitchen.”

“Okay. Well, she knows now,” he said as he watched Willow walk past the taxi and into the house. “I think I’m gonna stretch my legs. Maybe take a stroll upstairs.”

“Real subtle, Xand,” Buffy said, smiling. “Bring her back here when you can so we can compare notes.”

“Okay,” he said, heading out of the library in search of Willow. He wondered why Buffy hadn’t mentioned Kennedy and Faith’s sudden departure this morning but decided it was probably because of everything else they had going on. He saw Kennedy come into the house calling for Willow so he sat in a chair by the library doors to give them some privacy. He smiled at Dawn as she walked past him back into the library. She gave him the cold shoulder, letting him know he was still in the doghouse with her. He shook his head. He was in love with her and he damn well knew it. What he was going to do about it was the sixty-four thousand dollar question. He thought about Willow and Tara. A love that could transcend time, death and possibly even dimensions as Dawn had suggested? He wanted that.

He let himself get lost in the fantasy of a future with Dawn. Living and working side-by-side. Curling up next to her every night, as he’d dreamt of doing for weeks now. What was that movie? That chick flick Dawn had made him sit through last month . . . with Meg Ryan in the restaurant . . . Harry and Sally something. The guy says something about . . . he loves that after spending the day with her he can still smell her on his sweater. He loves that she’s the last person he wants to talk to at the end of the day. Dawn was that girl for him. He loved the way her hair smelled, loved that she was the last person he wanted to talk to every night. He wanted to fall asleep talking to her and wake up next to her so she was the first thing he saw every morning. She made everyday brighter. He imagined growing old with her, having children and bouncing grandkids on his knee. ‘She’s right,’ he thought, ‘six years isn’t a big difference. She’s been through most of the hells I’ve been through - most of them right next to me. Maybe she does know what she wants, maybe she’s right. Maybe, just maybe, this is possible.’

They were already in sync. They each knew what the other was thinking, they finished each other’s sentences. He was definitely in the whole when-she-hurts-I-hurt-space and he knew she was hurting. It was his fault. It wasn’t right, it couldn’t possibly work but . . . what if. He thought about Willow. What would she risk for another day with Tara? Wasn’t Dawn - the possibility of what they could be - worth risking . . . what? What exactly would he be risking? Buffy, Willow, Scooby Central? ‘What is the absolute worst thing that could happen?’ he asked himself.

He sighed, pulled from his reverie by the sound of Kennedy coming down the stairs. He could see the pain written all over her face and she didn’t even notice him sitting there. He headed upstairs but found Willow’s room empty. Leaving the room, Xander headed back down the hall and found her on the landing overlooking the driveway. He knew Will so well. He could tell by her posture that she was trying not to break down. Walking up behind her, he encircled her waist with his arms, giving her silent permission to let go. It was what she seemed to be waiting for because she turned and buried her face in his chest, crying uncontrollably. She was too thin, even for her. Buffy was probably right; Willow hadn’t been eating. He held onto his best friend as she cried, crooning nonsense words and gently rubbing his hand over her back. He was worried about her. She wasn’t sleeping, wasn’t eating - the nightmares were completely stressing her out. He didn’t know what to do for her, he just knew he wanted to make it all better. He also knew he couldn’t. All he could do was be there when she needed him, as he’d always been. As he always planned and hoped to be. They’d literally been through hell together. Would she really turn her back on him for falling in love with Dawn? After everything they’d done and been through together, he didn’t really believe that he’d be risking that much. Still . . .

His train of thought derailed as Willow pulled back from him. Tears still streamed down her face but her sobs had slowed.

“Thanks, Xander,” she sniffled as he took her hand and led her to one of the over-stuffed couches.

As he watched her curl up in the corner of the couch, he thought again how small and thin she looked. Her face was paler than usual and there were dark circles under her eyes.

“Saw the car. Thought maybe a friend.” He watched as Willow struggled to regain control. The tears had stopped and she was sniffling and hiccuping.

“Thanks. I know it was the right thing to do. I know it’s for the best. It still hurts. I’m sorry I hurt her.”

“Will, give yourself a break. You didn’t set out to hurt her.” He sighed. He hated watching her beat herself up.

Willow dried her eyes and took a deep breath. “You’re right. It was what it was,” she said. “It was nice. But Kennedy was right. Love, comfort, mutual pleasure . . . all good. But I couldn’t give her what she wanted. My heart and soul are – have always been - Tara’s.” She sighed.

They sat in silence for a few moments. He was back in lost–in-thought-land of what if with Dawn when Willow broke in. “Oh . . . did you find anything in the library? Terese gave me a Goddess to pray to. Mati-Syra-Zemlya. She hears oaths and helps people keep their promises.”

He was happy to let the Kennedy sitch drop if that’s what Will wanted. “Coolness. Dawn found a little more on Iris and Juno. She came up with an interesting theory. You ready to head down and see if they’ve found anything else?”

“Yeah.” She said as she stood up. They walked downstairs but Willow hesitated at the library. “Do I look okay?”

He smiled and kissed her forehead. “You look fine. We’re your friends. We know what you’re going through.”

She smiled at him as they walked into the library.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Comparing Notes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:24 pm 
:clap :clap :clap :clap This was another great update! I always liked Xander in Buffy and liked the idea of Xander/Dawn. I hope that he can get up the nerve to take that chance and ask her out. I think they would be great together! :) I like how he was there for Willow and how he reassured her about her friendships with the group. Nice job! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:43 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Comparing Notes

“Saw the car. Thought maybe a friend.”

She was curled up in the corner of a couch and realized they were sitting in the parlor she had gotten lost in . . . was it just last night? Big overstuffed chairs and couches the color of Tara’s hair. She had gotten her sobs under control and was just sniffly and hicuppy. Her nose was all stuffed up and she thought she sounded like Minnie Mouse and Goofy’s offspring. Wait . . . were Minnie and Goofy a couple? She shook her head and sighed. “Thanks. I know it was the right thing to do. I know it’s for the best. It still hurts. I’m sorry I hurt her.”

“Will, give yourself a break. You didn’t set out to hurt her.”

Willow dried her eyes and took a deep breath. “You’re right. It was what it was,” she said, echoing Kennedy’s words. “It was nice. But Kennedy was right. Love, comfort, mutual pleasure . . . all good. But I couldn’t give her what she wanted. My heart and soul are – have always been - Tara’s.” She sighed. For a few moments they sat in companionable silence. She was only vaguely aware of the non-thoughts flitting through her brain. She broke the silence when she remembered how the day had started. “Oh . . . did you find anything in the library? Terese gave me a Goddess to pray to. Mati-Syra-Zemlya. She hears oaths and helps people keep their promises.”

“Coolness.” He said, accepting the change of topic, much to her relief. “Dawn found a little more on Iris and Juno. She came up with an interesting theory. You ready to head down and see if they’ve found anything else?”

“Yeah.” She said as she stood up. They walked downstairs but Willow hesitated at the library doors. “Do I look okay?”

He smiled and kissed her forehead. “You look fine. We’re your friends. We know what you’re going through.”

Willow smiled at him as they walked into the library. She really didn’t know what she’d do without him.

“Nothing. We need to narrow it down,” Giles was saying as they walked into the library.

“So it’s a bonanza of information?” Xander quipped.

Willow giggled as Giles shot Xander a withering glance. She was grateful that no one mentioned her tear-stained face.

“Hey you two! Tell us something not unhelpful,” Buffy said, looking up from the book she was looking at.

Willow quickly filled the others in on what Terese had said.

Buffy nodded. “Okay. So, Will’s got some meditating to do. Dawn, tell Willow what you’re thinking this might be and see what she thinks.”

“Okay. Well, I was thinking, you and Tara have this amazing bond. What if it really is Tara and she's somehow reaching you from another dimension? An alternate reality. Only she doesn’t know she’s reaching you or even that she can reach you. She’s reaching for help, wishing she could reach you and because of what
you share . . . ”

Willow stared blankly at Dawn, not quite comprehending what Dawn was telling her.

Dawn paced, seemingly trying to get her thoughts together. Her hands never stopped moving as she continued explaining. “See, Juno is the Chosen Guardian of Women, coming to their aid in seasons of distress. She protects the weak or needful.” Dawn returned to the computer screen to skim a few words before continuing. “Iris is Goddess of 1000 names, messenger of Zeus and Hera. She served a similar function to Hermes . . . you know, messenger of the Gods only Iris was the messenger between women and goddesses. She provides a bridge between the earthly and spiritual.”

Willow looked at Dawn with newfound appreciation for the kid’s mind. ‘No, not kid,’ she corrected herself. Dawn was a bright young woman whose research skills rivaled Willow’s own. ‘Of course, I did train her. I must have done a good job showing her how to simultaneously google and comb a card catalogue,’ Willow thought, giving herself a mental pat on the back. She’d always known Dawn was smart, but this was quite a theory. Was it possible?

“So it seems like maybe Tara is reaching out and you’re getting the signal.” Dawn finished in a rush.

Dawn’s face was flushed. Whether from excitement or embarrassment, Willow couldn’t tell. “I don’t know. I mean, I guess it’s possible . . . ” she said hesitantly. She didn’t want to get her hopes up but . . . what if. “Tara’s alive. Angel is alive . . . err . . . well, as alive as he can be, and somehow, what? The First won? I guess the question is how?” Willow stopped. Could it be that way? Could Dawn be right? If she was . . . no. There was no ‘if’. Dawn was right, it was the most logical logic that Willow had ever heard. It was crazy and scary but totally logical - and completely right. Willow could feel it – just like she’d felt it this morning. Tara was out there and needed help. HER help. How?

“Will?” Buffy’s voice cut through her thoughts.

“Dawn is right,” Willow said plainly. They all looked blankly at her. “She is. It all makes sense and I can feel it, Buffy. When I prayed at sunrise this morning, I felt a moment of peace. There was this moment when I knew I would know. I know, Buffy. I know.”

Willow nodded at Dawn. Several emotions played over Dawn’s face; triumph, vindication, and sadness. Willow understood; Dawn was proud that she’d come up with a plausible theory, but sad at the thought that Tara was out there alone. Only, if she was out there, she wasn't alone. Angel was with her.

Buffy nodded. “Okay. So we do what?”

“I don’t know yet. I think it starts with me trying to reach Mati-Syra-Zemlya and getting help to remember and keep my promise. Whatever it may be. Then Iris – hopefully to get a message to Tara.”

“Okay. Then what do we do while you’re working the meditation mojo?”

Giles cleared his throat and they all looked at him. “I should think we need to research both trans-dimensional spells and portals. We know portals and trans-dimensional travel are possible, but this may be an alternate reality. Something only Anya dealt with. Perhaps we could call on D’Hoffryn for assistance . . .”

Xander interrupted with an emphatic “No! No way!”

Dawn rolled her eyes and jotted down some keywords to assist with her web searches.

Giles gave Xander a conciliatory nod. “Right then. We must prepare ourselves for the eventuality that, while Dawn and Willow might be right, we may not be able to do a thing about it.”

Willow nodded sadly. “Giles is right. Much as I hate to think about that, he is. Let’s work on finding out if Dawn and I are right. Then we can try to work out the how.” She stood up and stretched. “I’m going to go pray while you all try to figure out if the trans-dimensional SOS is possible. Then we’ll need to figure out if it’s real. THEN we can try to figure out what to do about it.”

Willow walked out of the library, her mind reeling at the possibility that she may be able to talk to Tara again. She refused to entertain the thought of holding her again. As the doors of the library closed, she heard Buffy’s voice. “Giles, where do we start?” Willow smiled, thinking how lucky she was to have friends who were willing to spend hours and days of their time trying to help her. She hoped their efforts wouldn’t be wasted on what could possibly be a wild goose chase borne of her whimsy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:38 pm 

I'm somewhat surprised nobody has paused long enough to put into words that this isn't really "their" Tara.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:02 am 
:clap :clap :clap I really liked this update! :) Dawn came through with her theory and now the group can research the details and maybe Willow has a chance to see Tara again. This was an encouraging chapter to me, I liked seeing hope again in the group after all the worry about Willow. Great update! :)

Tara rocks to me in this story, I guess, because she seems emotional, caring, and concerned which imo described the Tara I saw in the series...:) But that's just my opinion! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:23 pm 

Quote:
, because she seems emotional, caring, and concerned which imo described the Tara I saw in the series

Trust me, you are not alone, as they used to say on that old commercial. (I think it was for a dry skin lotion.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next