It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
I'm somewhat surprised nobody has paused long enough to put into words that this isn't really "their" Tara.

and the author just grins

Angie wrote:
Dawn came through with her theory and now the group can research the details and maybe Willow has a chance to see Tara again. This was an encouraging chapter to me, I liked seeing hope again in the group after all the worry about Willow. Great update! :)

Tara rocks to me in this story, I guess, because she seems emotional, caring, and concerned which imo described the Tara I saw in the series...:) But that's just my opinion! :)

I'm so glad that people seem to be relating to Dawn's maturity and that I've apparently captured the Tara *I* saw and fell in love with.

Thanks so much for the feedback, it's really appreciated.

Willow's Promise on Myspace
Willow's Promise: the happy ending Willow & Tara *should* have had

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:50 pm 
You're very welcome! I like this story a lot and Tara was a character I came to like as I watched the series. I thought she was paired up well with Willow. I could tell that they really loved each other in the series and I was sad when she lost her (Tara). I'm hopeful that in your fanfic they will have another chance to be together...:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

More with the Research

“Giles, where do we start?” Buffy asked as her best friend left the room. Her mind was racing. Angel could possibly be alive and out there somewhere. The thought both thrilled her and made her sad. He may be out there but would they ever be able to be together even if the gang could figure out how to bring him and Tara home?

Giles came out from behind a set of shelves carrying several large books. “With these. Dawn, I don’t think you're likely to find anything on trans-dimensional travel on the computer. Help us here. We can try the computer if the books yield nothing.”

He put the books on the war table and the four of them settled in for some serious research. Buffy noted with some amusement that Dawn, who usually sat right next to Xander, sat as far away from him as possible while also avoiding being directly across from him. Stifling a smile she thought, ‘I love Xander, but he is as thick as a mochaccino shake. Either he doesn’t know he’s in love with Dawn or he doesn’t realize she’s in love with him. Or he’s being noble because of the age difference. Which is stupid.’ She shook her head and focused on the more immediate problem. The Dawn/Xander sitch could be back burnered for now.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Giles heard Buffy as he came from behind the stack with the books he thought might have the information they needed.

“Giles, where do we start?” Buffy asked.

“With these,” he said. “Dawn, I don’t think you're likely to find anything on trans-dimensional travel on the computer. Help us here. We can try the computer if the books yield nothing.” ‘Of course we’ll find more in the books,’ he thought, placing them on the war table. ‘What would modern technology know of long forgotten majicks?’ The four of them settled in for a long day’s research.

Giles got lost in thought for a moment. He hoped they weren’t all getting their hopes up. He wasn’t sure Willow could handle the disappointment. It would be like losing Tara all over again. It was never easy to lose a lover, he mused. He still thought of Jenny from time to time and had fond memories of Joyce. Pride had stopped him from trying to reconnect with Olivia once he was back in England, although thoughts of her still stirred him; usually in the shower or late at night. He sighed as he thought of his life…filled with nothing but books. He smiled as he looked at three of his four young friends; yes, he had them as well. He would probably be “grandfather” to their children. Hmmm, no, better to be their uncle. Quentin had been right all those years ago; he did have a father’s love for Buffy and by extension, Dawn, Willow and yes, even Xander. Giles stifled a smile wondering if Xander and Dawn would ever get out of their own way and realize they were in love. It would be wonderful for Willow if she and Tara could be reunited. He glanced at Buffy. She looked lost in thought; most likely about Angel. ‘On the other hand,’ he thought, ‘a reunion between those two would be anything but lovely. Damned impossible situation is what it would be. Ah, well, to the problem at hand. The rest can wait.’
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Giles came out from behind a set of shelves carrying several large books. “With these. Dawn, I don’t think you’re likely to find anything on trans-dimensional travel on the computer. Help us here. We can try the computer if the books yield nothing.”

Dawn hid her annoyance and chose her seat carefully; as far away from Xander as possible without sitting in his eyeline. ‘Damn! I wish Giles hadn’t nixed the computer. I can’t stand being even this close to him.’ She sighed. ‘He loves me. When will he just get over the whole I’ve-only-got-one-eye-and-I’m-six-years-older-than-you thing?’ She looked at her sister who appeared to be lost in thought. ‘Probably thinking about Angel. How cool would it be if I’m right and we can bring Angel back? Maybe then Buffy wouldn’t be all mopey. And Tara. God, I miss her so much. Maybe almost as much as Willow does. It would definitely be awesome if we can bring her back,’ she thought. Could Willow and Tara work again? So much had happened. No. They’d be able to figure it out. She was sure of it. She sighed and noted a vaguely wistful look on Giles’ face. ‘He must be in heaven, what with all the books and research. I wonder if he ever gets lonely. Oh, well, another puzzle for a different day. Let’s get to bringing Tara home,’ she thought, settling more comfortably in her chair and focusing on the book in her hands.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Giles came out from behind a set of shelves carrying several large books. “With these. Dawn, I don’t think you’re likely to find anything on trans-dimensional travel on the computer. Help us here. We can try the computer if the books yield nothing.”

Xander watched Dawn as she sat somewhere that was away from him. He sighed and glanced at Buffy. He thought she looked vaguely amused. ‘Wish I was in on the joke,’ he thought. ‘I could use a good laugh.’ Giles looked lost in thought and Xander wondered if he was going to end up like Giles; hanging around the library with people young enough to be his kids. ‘Is this it?’ he wondered. ‘No one sharing my life, no kids of my own, relegated to being crazy-one-eyed-uncle-Xander,’ he sighed. ‘Willow’s problem first, then I’ll work out my love life,’ he thought, kicking his feet up onto the table and losing himself in the monotony of the volume on his lap.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Prayers & Visions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:01 pm 

Quote:
and the author just grins

Oh b'gosh, b'gum, b'golly, none of them realize it yet! Heading for quite reveal then, when they do manage to connect. And a hump to get over. The Scoobs think A&T are trapped in some kind of "Survival Zone, I guess :) .

And I liked the Rashomon-like multip[le perspective here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 pm 
It does feel like they are following a wild goose chase at this point, though I hope in my heart that Willow can somehow be reunited with Tara, just because I know how much they loved each other. But I do wonder if they are in a realm far removed from where they can grasp. Damn it, I want to think positive! LOL! So I'm going to think that it's possible. :) Great update! I too liked the perspectives, I thought it was very insightful! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:48 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Prayers and Visions

Willow opened the book that Terese had given her and began reading about Mati-Syra-Zemlya. Mati-Syra-Zemlya was known as the Goddess of Ten Thousand Names. Literally translated it meant Moist Mother Earth and she was not often depicted as having human form but of being the earth itself. She was the Slavic Earth Goddess, the Great Mother. Her dominion was agriculture and fertility, anything having to do with the land including crops and property disputes. Considered the oldest and most powerful of Pre-Christian Slavic goddesses, Slavic village people would pray to her for a good harvest by sacrificing hemp-oil on the fields.

In addition to agriculture and fertility, she was the goddess of justice, solemn oaths, divination, truth and oracles. She possessed all knowledge and, on being asked, would release signs that could be interpreted. She had the ability to predict the future and settle disputes wisely. She was invoked to confirm oaths and marriages.

Worshipped into the early years of the twentieth century by Russian women who called on her to protect them from disease, Mati-Syra-Zemlya was also Goddess of Healing.

‘Sounds like quite the busy deity,’ Willow thought as she started pouring sand into the shape of a pentagram, placing candles at each point. Once the room was dark, except for candle-light, she sat in the center of the star. Saying a silent prayer to Hecate, asking her to bless the circle, she finished the sacred space by pouring sand in a counter-clockwise circle around the pentagram.

After taking several deep breaths, clearing her mind, she began to pray:

“Mati-Syra-Zemlya
Recorder of promises
I beseech you
Assist me in my quest
A promise made, now forgotten
Please hear me
Show me what I need to know”

The images came so fast Willow didn’t see them so much as feel them . . . except one. One moment in time stood out. It had been because of Glory. Willow had reversed the mind suck and it had sent her, Tara and Glory flying in three separate directions. Crawling across the rubble she called to Tara; even now she could hear Tara’s hesitant “Willow? I got so lost.” The promise had come without thought, “I will always find you.” Her heart ached as she wondered if she could keep it.

The ritual had taken longer than she’d thought and Willow was exhausted. Mind whirling, but body unwilling to go in search of Buffy and Xander, she curled up in the papa-san chair and stared out the window. A glimmer of hope asserted itself. Maybe, just maybe, Tara was out there waiting to be found. Whether or not she, the gang, the coven, or anyone else could find her remained to be seen. Willow yawned and her eyes closed as she drifted off to sleep.

“Juno, Goddess of the Moon,
please protect me
in this darkest time
in my season of need.
Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow
Messenger of women,
I beseech thee
allow my cry to be heard”

Willow looked around and saw she was back in Buffy’s living room. Tara was sitting in the center of a pentagram. Willow was worried but no longer panicky; if this was real, she had some fast talking to do. How could she possibly make Tara understand what was happening when she, herself, wasn’t sure? How could she convince Tara she wasn’t a figment of Tara's imagination or some sort of demon?

“Tara? Baby . . .” Willow said hesitantly

“Willow?” Tara looked tired and scared.

“Baby - I know what the promise is. How do I keep it? How do I find you? Help me, baby, help me find you.”

“I-i d-don’t unders-stand. You’re not real. You can’t be here. Y-you’re dead.”

“I don’t understand it either, baby.”

Willow jerked awake. What? How? ‘Okay, not so scary, but were we really talking or is my subconscious adding to whatever is going on?’ Willow thought. ‘Or maybe whatever is happening is getting worse.' She sighed and stood up, stretching to get the kinks out of her neck, shoulders and back. ‘A quick shower,’ she thought, 'then I’ll rejoin the others. Mati-Syra-Zemlya has just given us another wrinkle to consider.’ The glimmer of hope reasserted itself and Willow smiled. Tara was coming home.
Except for the sound of pages turning, the library was silent. Buffy’s mind began to wander; they’d been at this for two hours and were no closer to finding an answer than when they started.

Standing and placing her book on the table, Buffy stretched. When Giles shot her a questioning glance, she wandered to the window saying, “need to clear some cobwebs. The words weren’t really words so much as letters in weird patterns.” Giles chuckled and went back to the tome in front of him.

Staring blankly out the window, Buffy thought about Willow’s dreams and wondered if Dawn could be right. If Willow’s dreams were some sort of really long distance cross-dimensional phone call then maybe Angel was out there, too. She closed her eyes against the tears threatening to overwhelm her. She hadn’t realized over the past year how much she had taken for granted that Angel would always be there for her. Losing him last month had rocked her to her core and she still felt a little lost. She opened her eyes and stared across the compound. It took her a moment to realize that she was staring at Angel walking toward her. She blinked but he was still there, smiling and waving. ‘But it’s daylight. And he’s dead,’ she thought, closing her eyes. When she re-opened them, Angel was gone. ‘Okay, enough is enough,’ she thought.

She turned around and walked back toward the table. When she got there, she noticed Xander was tipped back in his chair, staring off into space, a blank look on his face. “Xander!” she said sharply, laughing out loud when his startled reaction sent him sprawling backwards, falling out of his chair.

“Huh, huh? Wha . . .?”

“Earth to Planet Xander. You still with us? You know . . . research . . . Willow’s wiggins . . . ringing any bells?”

“Oh. Uh, yeah, Buff. Sorry, must have checked out for a minute . . . or ten . . . ” Xander stammered and blushed as he stood up and righted his chair.

“Hm . . . more like twenty or thirty from the amount of drool on your shirt. So that’s twice in two days you’ve spaced . What’s going on?”

Xander looked hungrily at Dawn, who was smirking at him, before stammering, “Uh . . . nothing. I dunno . . . just . . . yanno . . . not . . . uhh . . . just . . . ” Buffy stifled her smile as she watched Xander struggle.

Giles cleared his throat and Buffy reluctantly turned away from the squirming Xander. Giles looked thoughtful and had his glasses in his hand, cleaning them. “Giles?” she asked. She looked at Xander and said with a completely straight face, “He’s having an important thought. You can tell because he’s cleaning his glasses.”

Ignoring her impudence, Giles considered a moment before speaking. “Xander, have you been having more daydreams than usual? Has anyone been having more daydreams than usual?” Giles asked.

“Yeah, yeah I have,” Xander said, “like a lot more. I space out all the time. My guys have had to shake me more than once. Not really usual. I mean, here, research . . . sure . . . perfectly logical for me to drift off. Not on the job though,” Xander said, seemingly relieved to be on safer ground.

Giles nodded. “Buffy, Dawn? Either of you two been having more daydreams than normal?”

Dawn nodded and said thoughtfully, “Yeah, now that you mention it, I have.” Buffy noticed her quick look at Xander and knew exactly what her sister had been daydreaming about. The blush rising in Xander’s cheeks told Buffy that he did too.

Giles looked at Buffy.

“Okay, yes, I have. Way more. Only it’s not just daydreams, I don’t think. Some of it’s like hallucinations. I’m seeing something that’s not there.”

Dawn and Xander both chimed in, “Me too.” Buffy stifled a giggle as Xander and Dawn glanced at each other then quickly looked away, both of their faces beet red.

“What are you thinking, Giles?” Buffy asked.

“I, too, have been given to flights of fancy recently. Not the usual sort of thing for me. Hallucinations seem like a good description of some of what my daydreams have been. Since I know what mine are, I’m curious, are you all daydreaming or hallucinating about dreams unfulfilled? Desires you missed or want or can’t have?” They all gaped at him. “Right. It seems we have to expand our research. We may be dealing with an illusionary or dream making demon.”

“Hi guys, what’s going on?” Willow asked, walking in at the end of Giles comments.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Third Interlude & Contact

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm 

Well, at least they've made actual contact. I can't wait to see Tara 's take on this dream.

They have the clue they really need here; Tara's saying Willow is dead. But they're going to have to deal with the illusion idea first, now that they've come up with it that'll be hard to let go.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:50 pm 
So Willow seeing Tara could all be the byproduct or result of some dream making demon? Wow. I'd hoped that maybe there could be some hope that she really was seeing Tara and that it's a good thing! Same thing with Angel and Buffy. Dang it, why can't there be a happy ending?! J/K! I figure there's more to this puzzle than meets the eye and this simply gives an opening to a possibility they hadn't considered. :) I hope that they can somehow make real live contact with Tara and Angel - and that the Scoobies can bring them home! :) :heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 am 

Angie; Deep breath, keep telling yourself "It's a full-length novel, it's afull-length novel...." :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Angie; Deep breath, keep telling yourself "It's a full-length novel, it's afull-length novel....

Indeed it is...this is chapter 17 out of 38.

what's that phrase...and miles to go before I sleep ;)
:grin:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:59 pm 
Whew! I'm glad that there is more to come and therefore more possibilities! :) I was hopeful that things might work out in the end for Tara and Willow...:) I like them together! :) :heart Thanks guys! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

They had always been fun to play in but now she had a purpose, a reason to seek the rainbows out.

She no longer floated aimlessly, she had a destiny to fulfill. A mission from the goddesses themselves and she was determined not to fail. The messages needed to get through. Everyone needed to be in place and ready.

So now, she sought the rainbows out and reveled in each new tingle, each new revelation.

Soon . . .

Contact

Tara was startled from her meditations. ‘W-what . . . was th-that real?’ she thought.

“Everything okay?” Angel asked, looking up from his book.

“I-I’m n-not sure. Th-this is going to s-sound c-crazy b-but . . . I think I-I think I just talked to Willow.” Tara couldn’t believe she thought it, let alone voiced it to Angel.

Angel looked at her. “Talked to her?”

“Y-yeah,” she said, encouraged that he hadn’t laughed at her. “She said she knew what the promise was and asked me to help her find me. Angel, I-I d-don’t understand. How . . . is it even possible?”

“I don’t know. Different dimensions, alternate realities, or . . . I honestly don’t know,” Angel said, looking concerned.

“What are you thinking?” Tara asked, recognizing the look as that of Angel not saying everything.

“I’m wondering if something knows we’re here but can’t find us because of the spells you’ve been doing and is trying to draw you out.”

Tara nodded. She had thought about that; had considered that someone . . . something . . . was trying to get her defenses down. She was suddenly very tired. “Angel, I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I’m so tired and hungry. I . . .” Tara couldn’t stop the tears that started flowing down her face. Her meditation-mares were getting to her. It had been hard letting go of Willow. Now, with Angel’s comment about her dreams, it felt like she was losing Willow all over again. Something was turning their love into a weapon and she just didn't think she could take anymore.

Angel gently put his arms around her, not saying anything, just letting her cry. After a few moments, she pulled back. “I’m sorry,” she said, “It’s just getting so hard. And now Willow is always here. In my dreams, my meditations, my nightmares. It’s getting hard not to let go so I can just go and join her.” Tara felt the tired wash over her. The past year had been so hard and she seriously didn't know how much longer she could hold on.

“I know. But we’ve survived this long for a reason and we can’t give up.” Angel looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing. “I tried to give up once. I asked Buffy to let me be strong for once. She told me that ‘strong is fighting. It’s hard and it’s painful and it’s every day. It’s what we have to do and we can do it together.’ For whatever reason, Tara, you and I survived. The Powers That Be usually have a reason and a purpose when someone doesn’t die,” Angel finished quietly. He looked at Tara for a long moment. “You need to trust me. There is a reason, a purpose, a plan. You can do this. We can do this. Remember, the gypsies said we were leaving soon. I don't know where, but gypsies are rarely wrong.”

Tara nodded. “I do trust you, Angel,” she said. Angel was right. For whatever reason, she had been spared on the day of the final battle. Angel had found her and she had survived for over a year. There had to be a reason. She couldn’t begin to fathom what that reason was and right now she was too tired to try.

“Daylight is waning. Time for our ‘ritual hiding’,” she said, remembering words Willow had used a lifetime ago.

Angel nodded and the two of them headed downstairs. Tara once again went through her nightly routine of casting the fairy light spell and locking the basement door while murmuring the incantations to seal the door and hide their presence. Once that was finished she lay down on her cot, Miss Kitty curled up next to her purring contentedly.

“Angel, thank you. I don’t know what’s coming, but I’m grateful you’re here to face it with me.”

“I am too.”

“Angel . . . ” Tara said hesitantly, unsure if she wanted to start this conversation.

“Yeah?”

“You’ve . . . you’ve done some dimension hopping, haven’t you?”

“Some. Yeah. If you count the hell dimension I was stuck in for four months,” he answered wryly.

“But there was another time, too, right? I mean, Willow said you'd gone to another dimension to save Cordelia,” Tara pressed him, alternating between wanting to be, and fearful of being, hopeful.

“Yeah. I did,” Angel said softly.

“Is it possible? Could Willow be out there somewhere?” Tara had to ask. She needed to know if it was possible.

“Yes, it's possible. But even if she is, there’s no guarantee we can get to her.”

Tara thought about that for a moment. “And there’s also no way to know if it’s her, my subconscious, or something evil trying to track us.”

“Right. And we don’t have the resources to research what it is. I think we just have to,” Angel shrugged, “wait and see.”

Tara sighed and closed her eyes. She was truly grateful for Angel's company. It had taken time but she trusted him, relied on him. She knew she wouldn't have made it this far without his help. She thought about dimensions and alternate realities, remembering Anya talking about them and smiling as she thought about the world without shrimp. She briefly wondered about the possibility of Willow being out there and, if she was, did that mean Buffy and the others were as well? Tara still didn't know what the promise was but was it possible that Will had figured out a way to find her? Tara swallowed hard to keep from crying again. Her head was so full of questions and thoughts she didn’t think she’d be able to sleep, but the emotional upheaval and her weariness took her to non-dreamland in moments.

Angel watched over Tara as she slept. He understood the feelings of hopelessness she was having but he didn’t want her to get her hopes up that Willow was out there. He knew it was possible and sighed as he thought about their situation. She was a pretty powerful witch and if their circumstances were different they might be able to dimension hop. But it would be almost impossible to hide. He thought about Pylea and how Fred had opened portals without knowing she had done it. They didn’t have any way to research where they were going so there was no way to guarantee they'd be hopping to a safe dimension. They could end up worse off than they were now.

If Tara had somehow reached Willow, did that mean Buffy was out there somewhere? He didn’t want to get his own hopes up. The chances that Tara was actually connecting with Willow were slim. 'Not impossible,’ he reminded himself, ‘but really slim.’ He closed his eyes, listening to Tara’s even breathing and Miss Kitty’s steady purr. He had changed his sleep pattern so he could be awake while she was; he still didn't sleep well at night, but this way he could keep her company during the day. He had to admit that he was fond of her. She was intelligent and thoughtful and still had a sense of humor despite their circumstances. She kept him going. If it hadn't been for her, he probably would have given up long ago. It was definitely unconventional but they were a family and he would do whatever it took to ensure they all stayed safe. He listened to the house for a long moment; no unusual noises. Tara’s camouflage spell was still holding strong. ‘Thank whoever for small mercies,’ he thought as he allowed himself to drift off into a light sleep; restful but vigilant.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: And Yet More With the Research

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 pm 

And now Tara and Angel are considering second and third possibilites. I love the twissts and turns. (Of course, knowing it's all written already and I just have to wait about 30 weeks helps keep em focussed;a certain other story which willr emian unnamed is amkign em crazy ebcause I don't know how it'll take.)

Thing is, I'd imagine their finally ocnencting with each other and sorting out who is who won't be the end of it, right? I'd imagien there's a brewing menace they'll have to face together.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:57 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Thing is, I'd imagine their finally ocnencting with each other and sorting out who is who won't be the end of it, right? I'd imagien there's a brewing menace they'll have to face together.

I'm just hoping the rest of the story holds up to the hype of the beginning... *g*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:09 pm 
:clap :clap :clap This is a good update! :) I was touched by Tara's and Angel's conversation about finding Willow - if it was possible - and then happy to see that Angel saw Tara and himself as a family of sorts...:) I hope that if they find Buffy and Willow that Tara and Angel will continue to be close friends and keep their bond for years to come! :) Great addition to the story! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

And Yet More with the Research

“Right. It seems we have to expand our research. We may be dealing with an illusionary or dream making demon.”

“Hi guys, what’s going on?” Willow asked, walking in at the end of Giles comments.

Buffy quickly filled her in on what they’d just discovered about each of their daydreams as Giles went to the bookshelves, returning moments later with several large volumes. “These should do to start,” he said. “Willow, did your prayer to Mati-Syra-Zemlya yield anything?”

Willow nodded. “Yeah. I made the promise, and I know what it is. But I don’t know how, or if, I can keep it. I also had another dream.” She sighed as she filled them in on the latest in what she was starting to think of as her own personal soap opera. “But, if you’re all having daydreams, maybe that’s all this is . . . .” Willow swallowed, trying to maintain her composure. “Maybe I’m just being affected differently or more extremely for some reason by the same thing that’s got you all space cadetting.” Willow looked at Dawn and felt her heart break at the sight of Dawn’s crestfallen look. She walked over and put an arm around Dawn’s shoulders. “I know, Dawnie, I know. I was hoping too.” Dawn turned into Willow and Willow hugged her tightly.

After a moment, Dawn pulled back and said, “Okay, so, maybe not so much trans-dimensional SOS as demon having fun at our expense. Let’s find it. And stop it.”

Willow smiled at the bounce-backability of Dawn. “So Giles, what are we looking for?” she asked with forced enthusiasm.

“Well, there are several illusionary demon species, each with their own properties and agendas. You remember back in Sunnydale . . . the Hansel and Gretel demon?” The chorus of groans told Willow that she wasn’t the only one who remembered the demon. She also remembered almost getting burned at the stake because of it. “He liked to cause trouble by pitting humans against one another. There are some that do that, there are others who aren’t so much malicious as mischievous.” Giles wandered back into the stacks, tugging volumes from shelves as he spoke. "There is even one type of being - we'll call it a demon for lack of a better word - that isn’t aware of what it's doing and still others that don’t know they’re doing anything wrong or bad. They think they’re helping the people they’re affecting. So, first, we need to narrow it down to which illusionary species and then figure out which actual demon we’re dealing with.”

Just as Dawn stood up to stretch, Giles dropped a pile of books on the table. They all heaved a collective sigh as they settled back in to more researching.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Willow glanced at Dawn out of the corner of her eye. She watched Dawn struggle with the emotions and knew how much this had to hurt Dawnie. Maybe as much as or even more than it hurt Willow. She wished she hadn’t had to discount Dawn’s theory. Willow still wasn’t convinced that she was hallucinating. She sure wasn’t daydreaming. Her . . . whatever-they-weres . . . came while she slept. Not while she meditated or sat around the library trying to research. She wasn't fully convinced that she was suffering from the same illusions the others were. Willow still believed Tara was out there. She could feel the rightness in Dawn's theory. The others were daydreaming, Willow was nightmaring. They were actually seeing things while they were awake and she was dreaming while she slept. The differences were too different. ‘There may be several things at work here but it looks like I’m on my own with the S.O.S. thing,’ she thought. ‘I wonder what everyone else is daydreaming about? Buffy’s are probably about Angel,' she thought with a grin, 'poor Spike never stood a chance. Giles? What would Giles daydream about? What could he want?’ She quickly moved away from those thoughts. She really didn’t want to know. ‘Xander . . . Anya? Wait . . . .’ Willow let the thoughts that had been tickling her brain since her walk back from the coven take root. ‘Dawn. Xander and Dawn? Okay - now so much makes sense. So why are they fighting?’ She rolled her eyes as the next thought came to her. ‘Of course. Because Xander is stupid. I can hear him now . . . blah, blah, blah, one eye . . . blah, blah, blah, too old . . . blah, blah, blah, Willow, Buffy, Giles. Whatever,' she thought, picking up the nearest book and starting to look through it. ‘We can solve Xander and Dawn’s love life after we get rid of our friendly neighborhood demon of the week.’
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dawn struggled not to let the others know just how devastated she was by their newest theory. ‘Tara’s not out there,’ she thought. ‘We don’t get her back. That sucks. I miss her so much.’ She tried to get back into research mode but her heart wasn’t in it. As she felt the first tear slide down her face, she stood up and walked to the windows. She didn’t want the others to feel sorry for her. Willow had lost more than she had. She forced her thoughts away from the loss of Tara and thought about her daydreams. They hadn’t seemed that unusual, just more frequent. Xander holding her hand, or kissing her. The two of them walking down the aisle. Their kids and grandkids. Not unusual at all. Except for the whole it-seeming-real thing. Giles was right; some of the daydreams had been downright hallucinatory. So real, in fact, that she would have sworn Xander had joined her in the shower this morning. She glanced back at the table and wondered what the others where daydreaming about. She also wondered if any of them were as disappointed as she was that they weren’t getting Tara back. Well, other than Willow of course. She sighed and went back to join the others in researching the newest wrinkle.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Giles glanced at Dawn as she walked over to the windows and felt a wave of sympathy for her. ‘First her father, then her mother, then her sister. Admittedly, Buffy returned from the netherworld, but the point about the loss remained. Then Tara was taken and Willow was forced away,' he thought. 'Of course, I could have stayed, but didn't. Now, once again, the prospect of love is ripped away. How devastating for her.' He watched as she came back to the table and buried herself in her books - the only things that never left her - and thought, 'I do hope that I am wrong, but all logic . . . . The illusions are lovely, though.' Bittersweet, he thought of his own daydreams. Olivia walking into the room, smiling, holding his four year old son - the son that didn't exist and the woman who was long gone. They could only be illusions.’ He briefly wondered what the others had been daydreaming about before burying himself in research.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Xander looked at Willow and thought about what a bummer it was that she lost Tara again. Although she seemed to be handling it pretty well. Maybe because she’s older or maybe because she accepted Tara’s death a long time ago and hadn't completely bought into the theory that Tara was out there somewhere. He glanced at Dawnie as she walked past him to the windows and wanted nothing more than to go over and wrap his arms around her. He knew how much she loved Tara. They had talked about how much like a mother Tara had been when Buffy died and even after Buffy came back. Tara was the one Dawn counted on. He sighed as he thought about his own daydreams. They were all about Dawn. He remembered a game he, Buffy and Willow used to play called Anywhere But Here. His answer had never changed; it was always Amy Yip at the waterslide park. Now, all his daydreams and fantasies were about wherever Dawn was. ‘As soon as this daydream monster or whatever-it-is is history, Dawn and I will have to talk,’ he promised himself, not looking up at her as she rejoined the gang at the war table. ‘I don’t want to keep living like this, whatever the consequences,’ he thought.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Buffy looked at Dawn. She knew this was crushing for her. Tara had always been more motherly toward Dawn than she herself had. Buffy sighed and wished she could make it better for Dawn. She thought about her own daydreams and hallucinations. Well, at least there’s a . . . well, sort of . . . reasonable explanation for Angelpalooza. It was too much to hope for that Angel was still out there. Even if he was, what could they do? There’s the curse on his soul and the whole immortality thing. She sighed and glanced at the others and wondered what their daydreams were about. ‘Although, I could make a pretty good guess at Xander and Dawn’s,’ she thought, smiling to herself. ‘What about Will, though. She’s not daydreaming, she’s nightmaring. What’s that about?’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Next Week: Sleepless Nights

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:53 pm 

You like Olivia, too, huh? Sweet in its way. Bothers me they're soundign so sure they've got the answer, but I guess we'll see how long it takes 'em to work thru this part. :grin:

(I only brought Jennie back in my own AU b/c I was already rbinging so many other folks back.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Shameless Plug

Hey folks...enjoying Willow's Promise?

Wish you could own your own CaughtNTheQuiet fic...written just for you?

Wish you could own a hard copy of Willow's Promise?

Check out the author Auction...Bid high, bid often!!

Highest bidder will get their fic written and (if they'd like) printed and mailed to them...along with (if they'd like) a copy of Willow's Promise and a Willow's Promise baseball cap...and I'll foot the postage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:08 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Sleepless Nights

“Oh, Good Lord,” Giles proclaimed. “We’ve been at this for almost ten hours. I suggest we stop for the evening, get dinner and perhaps find something other than research to do. As much as we need to figure this out, not eating, relaxing or sleeping isn’t going to help anyone,” he said as he stood and stretched.

Willow had to stifle a giggle as Buffy gaped at him.

“What? All these years working with you lot, I can't have learned that tired minds and bodies need frivolous entertainment?” Giles asked mildly.

Buffy nodded, obviously still stunned that Giles was the one who called an end to the research. “Okay, dinner, mindless movie, bed. Then a fresh start tomorrow morning.”

Willow hated to admit they were right. She wanted to figure this out. ‘It’s not like I’m going to sleep anyway,’ she thought.

“Will, we’re gonna figure this out and, until we do, slumber party in Willow’s room!” Xander said as if reading her thoughts.

Willow nodded as, one by one, the books found the table and the people found the door. She had to admit that for the first time in days she was hungry. “Okay, kitchen it is,” she agreed as they all trouped off in search of sustenance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the kitchen, talk was subdued. None of them really felt like cooking so Willow and Dawn pulled out deli meats, lettuce, tomatoes and condiments while Buffy cut up some cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon to make a quick fruit salad. While Giles heated some soup, Xander got out some cold sodas and glasses with ice. They opted to eat at the island in the kitchen rather than in the dining room and talk was minimal as they each got lost in his or her own thoughts. Clean up went quickly and they all found their way into the sitting room near the library.

Heart & Souls was chosen and started as they all got comfortable. Willow noted with some amusement that Dawn cuddled up next to Xander. It was where she normally sat and Willow suspected she hadn’t really thought about it before she sat down. ‘Probably too tired to give it much thought.’ She smiled and quirked an eyebrow as she watched Xander absently put his arm around Dawn. So much made sense now. Of course they were in love. It was so obvious; Willow wondered how she had missed it. Despite her best efforts her mind refused to focus on the movie. She knew Tara was out there. She knew it. But until they worked out the hallucination problem, she couldn’t separate what was from what wasn’t.

“You ready to call it quits, Will?” Buffy asked as Willow stifled a yawn.

“Yeah, Buff. I’m beat.”

“Okay, let’s go. I’ll go up with you. I’m not Tara - or even Kennedy - but maybe I can help keep the bogeyman at bay.”

Willow smiled. “Thanks, Buffy.” She stood and stretched, then said her goodnights. The others murmured theirs in return as she and Buffy headed toward the stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While they were getting dinner together, Dawn watched Xander as he got the sodas and the tired just washed over her. It had been a long day and carrying her anger around all day had just served to add to the fatigue. She knew she was being childish and she was tired of being mad at Xander. After all, she wasn't really being fair to him, he had watched her grow up and she could kind of see why he would be a little freaked at finding himself in love with her.

As they all went into the sitting room after cleanup, Dawn gave up the last of her anger; she just wanted to be close to Xander. She went over and cuddled up next to him on the couch the way she always did. To her relief, he put an arm around her shoulders and no one said anything. She didn't understand why he was fighting her so hard when it felt so right.

She didn't really pay attention to the movie; her mind was about five thousand miles and two years away. She thought about Tara and how unfair it was that she'd been taken from them so soon. Tara's death had left such a void in Dawn's life and she still missed her. The irony of the situation wasn't lost on her; Tara had been the one who had stepped in and filled the void left when mom died. Dawn loved and trusted both Buffy and Willow but Tara was the one she counted on. She had listened to Dawn.

She said goodnight to Buffy and Willow as they headed upstairs and was surprised when Xander didn't leave with them. She wouldn't have blamed him; she understood their friendship and wasn't threatened by it the way she was when she was a kid. She knew Xander loved her, he just needed to stop being a total doof about it

When Giles left shortly after the girls, Dawn expected that Xander would call it a night, too, but he didn't move. He was really quiet and she thought he may have fallen asleep until he sighed.

“Xander?” Dawn said quietly.

“Yeah?”

“You tired?”

“A little. Been a long day, long couple of days. Seems like there’s going to be a couple more before this is unraveled.” He sighed again.

“Yeah. I think so.”

“How you holding up?” he asked.

“I guess I’m okay. Bummed about it not really being Tara. I miss her, Xan. I miss her so much.” Dawn held back the tears threatening to overtake her. She didn't want to start crying. Between the bummage and the tired, she was afraid she'd never stop.

“I know, hon,” he said, lightly squeezing her shoulder.

“Xan?” she asked tentatively, unsure whether she actually wanted to ask him what she was about to ask him.

“Yeah?”

She hesitated for just a second before taking the plunge. “What have you been hallucinating about?”

She was a little surprised that he didn't hesitate before answering, “You.”

“Good,” she said, with more confidence than she actually felt. She stood up and offered him her hand. “Walk me to my room before you join the keep Willow sane party.” She smiled at him.

He smiled back. “Of course,” he said, taking her hand as he stood up. They shut the TV off and headed upstairs together.

Once they reached her room, Xander looked at her for a moment. “Dawn . . . ” he said, hesitantly. “Once we figure out what this new demon is, I want us to talk, really talk. You're right. I am in love with you. Completely, madly in love. I don't know what that means or if we can make it work or if we should even try to make it work but, when this is all over, okay?”

Dawn felt her stomach flip as she beamed at him. “Okay,” she said, “I can live with waiting 'til we squish our new demon.” He loved her. He'd admitted it. She could wait for the rest but she wanted to seal the deal with a kiss. Leaning forward, she hoped he'd take the sign and wasn't disappointed when he didn't hesitate. He pulled her close and kissed her deeply. The kiss left her knees weak and her senses on overload. He pulled out of the kiss but hugged her to him, kissing the top of her head. “As soon as this is over. I promise,” he said, turning and heading off down the hall leaving her to take a cold shower and face the long, sleepless night alone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Xander sat down on the couch after dinner and was a little surprised when Dawn curled up next to him. It was what she usually did so either he was forgiven, or she was too tired to remember she was mad at him. He put his arm around her and was promptly too distracted to watch the movie. He murmured good night to Willow and Buffy as they headed upstairs, grateful that Buffy had volunteered to go up with Will; he really didn’t want to let go of Dawn. Her being angry with him had made for a long couple of days. He was glad for her nearness, even if he wasn't completely forgiven yet.

Giles got up a short time later and announced that he, too, was going to bed and wished them both a good night. Xander was all too aware that he was now alone with Dawn. It felt so right, having her in his arms.

‘So why am I fighting this?’ He finally let his thoughts go. He really didn’t believe that the others would have any serious or strong objections to his pursuing a relationship with Dawn. Part of him was concerned about the age and experience differences although, if he was honest with himself, he would have to admit that her experiences weren’t all that different from his own. So what was really holding him back? He sighed. Anya. There, he’d admitted it. He had really screwed that up. He had truly loved Anya and he had really hurt her. How could he be sure he wouldn’t do it again? How could he be sure he wouldn’t hurt Dawn the way he’d hurt Anya? He hated himself for what he'd done to Anya and knew he couldn't live with himself if he hurt Dawn like that. And was he betraying what he’d had with Anya? He sighed again.

“Xander?” Dawn said quietly.

“Yeah?”

“You tired?”

“A little. Been a long day, long couple of days. Seems like there’s going to be a couple more before this is unraveled.” He sighed again as he realized just how much they didn’t know.

“Yeah. I think so.”

“How you holding up?” he asked, knowing that the day had to have been tough on her. He hurt for her.

“I guess I’m okay. Bummed about it not really being Tara. I miss her, Xan. I miss her so much.”

“I know, hon,” he said, lightly squeezing her shoulder and wishing he could just make things better for her.

“Xan?” she asked tentatively.

“Yeah?”

She hesitated for just a second. “What have you been hallucinating about?”

He didn’t hesitate. “You.” There was no point in lying. The only thing he thought about these days was her.

“Good,” she said, standing up. “Walk me to my room before you join the keep Willow sane party.” She held out her hand to him.

He smiled at her and once again marveled at how incredible she was. “Of course,” he said, taking her hand as he stood up. They shut the TV off and headed upstairs together.

Once they reached her room, Xander looked at her for a moment. “Dawn . . . ” he said, hesitantly, “once we figure out what this new demon is, I want us to talk, really talk. You're right. I am in love with you. Completely, madly in love. I don't know what that means or if we can make it work or if we should even try to make it work but, when this is all over, okay?” Relief washed over him as he finally said the words out loud. He loved her; everything else they could figure out later.

Dawn beamed at him and he felt his insides go weak. “Okay,” she said, “I can live with waiting 'til we squish our new demon.” She leaned forward and again he didn't hesitate. Closing his eyes, he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. He loved her, everything about her, and it was making him dizzy. He pulled away and hugged her to him, kissing the top of her head. “As soon as this is over. I promise,” he said, turning and heading off for a quick cold shower before joining the slumber party in Willow's room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy left Willow in her room. “Be right back, Will,” she said, heading into her own room through the connecting door.

Willow headed to the bathroom. After a quick shower, she brushed her teeth and got into her jammies. Buffy was just coming back into the room as Willow left the bathroom.

“Perfect timing,” Willow said, noting that Buffy’s hair was damp too. Willow got into bed and Buffy slid in next to her. “Okay, Buff, am I totally dense?” Willow asked her best friend.

“And you’re talking about what, exactly?”

“Xander and Dawn.”

Buffy giggled. “You mean the whole them being in love thing?”

“Yeah. I just noticed it today.” Willow shook her head in disbelief.

“Nah. You’re not dense. I didn’t think much about all their time together, but then I saw them arguing yesterday and a bunch of pieces fell into place. Today pretty much cinched it.”

Willow grinned. “You mean with Dawn avoiding him all day but sitting next to him like always for the movie?”

“As for example,” Buffy grinned back at her.

Willow stopped grinning. “So . . . what do you think about it?” she asked seriously.

Buffy seemed to consider for a moment before answering. “You know, I’m okay with it. Yeah, Dawn’s only eighteen but let’s face it, she’s done a lot of living in those years. Faced a lot of the same horrors. And you know I love Xander – I’ve always trusted him especially when it came to Dawn. I think they’re a good match.”

“Me too,” Willow said, nodding in agreement. It felt weird not feeling jealous. Willow had loved Xander forever. Even when she was with Oz, she been hurt to find out about his fling with Faith. His engagement had also caused some conflicting emotions, which was really weird because by then she was with Tara. She shook her head. “So how long before he stops being stupid and does something about it?”

“I’m thinking his two best friends may have to push a little,” Buffy replied with a grin.

“You think he’s holding back because he’s afraid of us?” Willow asked.

“I think that’s probably part of it but the bigger part is probably the whole ‘I’ve-only-got-one-eye-and-I’m-six-years-older-than-you' thing.” She shook her head.

“He really isn’t all that bright when it comes to women, is he?” Willow asked rhetorically.

“Not so much, no.” They both laughed

“Can I get in on the joke or is it girls only?” Xander asked coming into the room through the connecting doors. He looked fresh from a shower as well.

Willow and Buffy looked at him and laughed harder.

“Apparently I am the joke,” he said, flopping at the foot of the bed. “Okay. Me first or you two?”

“Angel,” Buffy answered. Willow stayed quiet waiting for Buffy to bait Xander.

“Figured,” Xander said.

“You?” Buffy smirked at Xander causing Willow to have to stifle a giggle.

Xander blushed and stammered and Willow wondered how long Buffy was going to let him squirm. Will almost felt bad for her childhood companion. Almost.

“Uh-huh. That’s what we thought.” Buffy said looking at Willow as they both burst out laughing again. “So, Alexander Harris, just what are your intentions toward my little sister?” Buffy asked with as straight a face as she could manage. Willow didn't even bother trying to keep a straight face.

Xander’s blush deepened and he shook his head.

“Xan . . . ” Willow said, trying to give him a break. “Why haven’t you said anything?”

“It’s just . . . I mean . . . . It’s DAWN, guys, you know? How do I tell you guys 'Hey, by the way, I’ve fallen in love with Buffy’s little sister’? I was her little girl crush, then her protector and champion, then her best friend. I mean, it’s been a really natural progression but she’s still Buffy’s little sister. I’m six years older . . . I’m missing an eye . . . and I wasn’t sure what you guys would think . . . ” he trailed off.

Willow didn’t know if Buffy caught it but she had heard the slight hesitation in his voice. There was something else. “Xander, this is us. What aren’t you saying?”

He didn’t say anything for a long moment and Willow thought he might try and stonewall her. Xander took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Guys, I love Dawn, but I’m scared.”

“Of Dawn?” Buffy asked, sounding confused.

Willow looked at her oldest friend and her heart went out to him. “Xan, you’re not your father,” she said quietly, hurting for him.

“I know. It’s just . . . I loved Anya and look what I did to her. I don’t want to hurt Dawn, you know?” The pain was evident on his face and in his voice as he spoke.

“Xan, you’re older and wiser. And you and Anya didn’t start as friends, you know? You’ve known Dawn her whole life. You’ve seen her grow up, lived through the same horrors. She’s not Anya and you’re not the same guy that hurt Anya,” Willow said softly, feeling a wave of sympathy for him.

“Besides,” Buffy chimed in, “if you hurt her, I’ll just beat you up.” She smiled at him. “Xan, Dawn’s not a little kid anymore. She knows what she wants and knows who she is. She also knows you. She was there when you left Anya at the altar. She was there when you came back. She saw it all and accepts you, as is.”

Xander nodded as if thinking about what they’d both just said.

“Okay. We’ve got that settled. You’re in love with her. Does she know how you feel? Do you know how she feels?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah. She knows. That’s what we were arguing about . . . God, was it only yesterday? When you saw us. She says she loves me and wants to be with me. Tell me . . . am I selfish to want to keep her here? I mean she could travel, go to school. Maybe date other guys. I told her that I’m settled here. This is home, you know? Less adventure would not be a bad thing.” He shook his head.

“Xander, you don’t think maybe she’s had enough adventure? I know she doesn’t want to go to school. She likes working with Giles and living here. She’s excited because I told her once the training facility is open she can train with the newbie slayers. She doesn’t want to leave,” Buffy told him.

“And, seriously, ” Willow felt she had to interject because something he had just said was just plain wrong. “Do you really want her dating a bunch of guys? I mean, I know if I had another chance with Tara I wouldn’t even think about suggesting she go out and see other girls.” Willow was appalled at the thought. “I wouldn't take the risk of losing her. Maybe that is selfish. The option to see other people is there but I'm certainly not going to be the one to suggest it.”

“Ditto that Angel,” Buffy said.

Xander blushed and stammered. “I just . . . you know . . . don’t want her to miss anything. I don't want her having regrets.”

Willow and Buffy both nodded. “But you don’t want her slipping away, either, right?” Willow asked.

“No. I don’t,” he said decisively. “Okay, enough about my love life. Will, how you doing? Kennedy’s gone and now Tara’s not out there.”

Willow thought for a moment before she answered him. “Well, I was actually hungry today, so that’s a good thing. And I’m not so sure Tara’s not out there. You guys, I’m not daydreaming or hallucinating . . . .” She wasn't sure how to continue. There was still a lot of noise in her head that she couldn't sort through.

“I thought about that today,” Buffy said. “What do you think’s going on?”

“I think it’s a little of both but we need to solve our illusion problem so I can separate the two. I mean, I believe Tara is out there but as long as there's an illusion demon running around, I can't be sure what's real and what's illusion.” She sighed as the events of the day finally took their toll.

Buffy and Xander nodded. “Okay,” Buffy said, “we all need sleep. Long day tomorrow. I think Will might be right and there may be more than one thing going on. But for now it's sleepy time.”

Buffy snuggled down next to Willow’s right shoulder as Xander got under the covers on her left side. Then they each threw an arm across her middle. Willow felt a rush of love for her two best friends and was so grateful for their support. They talked quietly for a few moments then fell silent as, one by one, sleep claimed them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Giles noted with some amusement that Dawn chose to sit next to or, rather, practically on top of Xander during the movie. He found his mind wandering during the movie. About Olivia and what might have been. He was tired and it was more than just the tired of researching all day. It was the tired of being alone, tired of being surrounded by young people who he adored but, ultimately, weren't enough for him. He wanted more. He found he was envious of his young friends. Not only because they still had their whole lives ahead of them but because each had loved, and been loved in return. What wouldn't he do, or give, to have someone love him as Willow loved Tara. Or, indeed, what wouldn't he do or give to love someone as Willow loved Tara. It wasn't forbidden for watchers to have relationships but with Jenny's death and Olivia's leaving from fear, he had abandoned hopes of finding such a relationship. Perhaps when this was over, he'd try and track down Olivia. Or maybe someone new. He sighed. 'First things first,' he thought.

He said goodnight to Willow and Buffy and smiled as Xander and Dawn made no attempt to move. He grinned again when he finally said goodnight a short time later and they murmured their good nights to him but still made no effort to move.

He heard Buffy and Willow giggling as he walked past Willow's bedroom on his way down the hall and smiled to himself. He really was quite fond of those two and he was glad that they had maintained their friendship throughout the trials and tribulations they'd faced. He was also glad they'd both survived those trials and tribulations and that he, himself, was still a welcome member of their chosen family. He had been fearful that he'd lost his “family” when he had aligned himself with Robin in an attempt to kill Spike. Once again, however, Buffy's heart had ruled her head and he'd been forgiven. He still marveled at the size of her heart.

He considered a shower but realized he was just too tired. Climbing into bed, he let the events of the day wash over him and wondered if they'd ever figure it out. He heard the water turn on and off in Xander's bathroom and heard him as he left his room for Willow's. He smiled again as he heard a fresh burst of laughter from the room two doors down.

Yes, his life may not be perfect but he was damn glad he had the life he did. And the friends he did.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Next Week: Interlude & Second Contact

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm 

Hmm, I know it's innocent but somehow I can't see adults with a sleeping arrangement like that.

Regardless, I'm so glad they're making progress. Altho is the illusion demon even real? Curiouser and curiouser.

Sigh, yes, Rupert, I feel for you, I'm less than 2 years younger than you are (assumign you're Tony's age) and I agree, it's not the ideal way to live. Olivia, or someone new? Well, you've your gaggle of adopted chidlren, at least, more than some of us have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next