It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen) *COMPLETED*
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:10 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Introduction:

Willow's Promise is based on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series created by Joss Whedon. It takes place a year after Season 7 of Buffy and a month after Season 5 of Angel.

Synopsis:
It's been year since Sunnydale disappeared in the Hellmouth and the Scooby Gang is enjoying the calm and quiet of their new headquarters in England. Bucolic bliss is upset when Buffy, Xander, Dawn, Giles and several Coven members start seeing things that can't be...but Willow is sure her visions of Tara are anything but hallucinations. In a fantastic journey that starts with a demon and ends with the impossible, the Scooby Gang finds once again that just because you died, doesn't mean you're dead and love doesn't end when life does.

Willow's Promise on Myspace
Willow's Promise: the happy ending Willow & Tara *should* have had

Last edited by CaughtNtheQuiet on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A)(Teen)
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Prologue

She loved rainbows. After the rain they smelled so good and looked so pretty, she loved to float through them and experience the sensations; bright colors and beautiful scents.

She had been floating aimlessly, no place to go and nothing to do; waiting and yearning for more. Waiting for what was meant to be. Yearning to help.

As she passed through a rainbow she felt a tingle and knew. She didn't know how she knew, but she did. With a small smile and a roll through the colors, she readied herself. There were things to do, preparations to make.

The time had come. The call had come.

Last edited by CaughtNtheQuiet on Tue May 20, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:17 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Willow stood looking out the French doors of the library at the stay cat she'd been feeding on the sly to circumvent Giles' allergy. Construction for the complex was underway and things were, for once, going smoothly; no Hellmouthy demons, no vampires . . . just calm, tranquil countryside. She should be at peace. She was near the coven; The Scooby Gang was building a “slayer complex” that would house slayers and watchers-in-training, a training facility, a dining hall and “Scooby Central”. Willow smiled. Scooby Central was remodeled and expanded from an existing - there was no other word for it - mansion. It was the first thing completed and the rest of the complex was being built around it. The mansion was huge. Willow still got lost even though she had been in on all the planning. Buffy, Xander, Dawn, Giles and she had talked about the mansion's construction. They wanted to be close to each other but with room to grow should any of them marry or have children. She smiled her half-smile; there was plenty of room but they had all chosen to live in the same wing, close enough to trip over each other.

“Hi, Buffy,” Willow said, sensing her friend’s presence before she saw her.

Her friend smiled as she came to stand by Willow’s side. “What’s up? You looked like you were having a private party in your brain when I came in.”

“I was just thinking, we have all this space but we all pack ourselves into one little area.”

“Yeah. Well, you know, Will, we seem to do better together.”

Willow smiled in response, knowing that Buffy would notice that the smile did not reach her eyes.

“Something else on your mind?”

Willow sighed. She had known if Buffy or Xander had walked in, they’d notice she wasn’t herself. The three of them had been too close for too long and had been through too much together. She couldn't hide from them even when she wanted to.

“You got time?”

“All you need,” Buffy replied, as Willow had known she would. Since she was no longer the only Slayer, once she and Dawn had come to England after their vacation to Italy, Buffy had been making it a point to not neglect her loved ones. As she put it, “I’ve been blindsided too many times because I wasn’t paying attention.”

Buffy walked over to the couch and took off her shoes. Willow followed her and did the same. Sitting at opposite ends of the couch, they began a ritual that had started the day after their defeat of The First. They stretched their legs out and began massaging each other’s feet. It had started out as a way to reassure each other that they were okay when there were no words. Now, the physical touch simply reminded them that they could talk about anything. They were best friends and always would be.

“Now spill,” Buffy gently commanded.

Willow took a deep breath and tried to settle the noise that was all jumbly in her head. “I’m not sure where to start. See, well, Kennedy and I, not so much an 'us' anymore. Not that I’m surprised, mind you. I’m not, not really. We really have a big nothing in common other than the whole fighting evil thing. Here’s the thing; the first night we went out I didn’t understand, you know, why she liked me. I told her ‘you don’t even know me’. Her answer was something like “have you seen you?” See, it was purely physical attraction. Not, uh, that that’s a bad thing but not really something to build a lasting relationship on, you know? Then she went on to say we liked the same things; Italian, skate punk, Robert Parker mysteries and fighting evil. Which, again, except the fighting evil, I don’t. And even then, I prefer a good foot rub.” She smiled at Buffy before continuing. “What brought us together was, well . . . impending apocalypse, mutual need for comfort maybe? So I know it’s ending . . .”

“I’m sorry,” Buffy said, giving her friend a sympathetic smile.

“No, don’t be,” Willow continued. “It’s for the best, you know? And really? I’m not all, like, 'woe-is-me-I’ll-never-love-again.' Cause, it was never really, you know, love.”

“Then why the tired-eye-not-so-real smile face,” Buffy asked with a pointed look.

Willow concentrated on Buffy's foot, refusing to meet Buffy's gaze. She wasn't sure she was ready for this conversation. Even with everything they'd been through together, re-visiting this chapter of her life wasn't high on her list of things to do. All the memories were still so painful.

As if sensing her hesitation, Buffy gently prodded, “Will? What's going on?”

Willow looked at her best friend. Buffy looked back encouragingly so Willow took a deep breath and said simply, “Tara.”

Buffy looked blankly back at her. “Willow?”

Willow sighed deeply. “I’m having these nightmares, Buffy. Like, every time I close my eyes Tara is there, looking all lost in what looks like . . . well . . . like Sunnydale when the demons took over before you came back from the dead. Uh, the second dead, not the first dead. She’s like, looking at me and saying ‘You promised you’d always find me.’ And it’s so real, you know? I can feel her; her pain, her confusion . . . ” she sighed again.

“Willow, “ Buffy hesitated as if uncertain how to proceed. “Couldn’t it just be . . . I don’t know. Maybe you’re feeling all guilty. I mean . . . ” Buffy trailed off as Willow shook her head.

“I thought about that. See, I don’t feel guilty. Tara . . . she loved me. She’d have wanted me to be happy, you know? She was willing to step aside when Oz came back even. I dealt with the guilt during my ‘I-look-like-Warren-the-psycho’ phase. And this dream it never, you know, changes. Tara is meditating, eyes closed, sitting among some wreckage. I can hear her chanting or incanting or something, but before I can get close enough to hear what she's saying, she opens her eyes and looks right at me. It's like she can see me, like I’m standing right there in front of her, and then she says ‘You promised you’d always find me’.”

“I don’t want to be all stupid and non-believery, but maybe, you know, with you and Kennedy coming to an end . . . ” Buffy again trailed off as Willow shook her head a second time. “Willow,” Buffy started again. “I’m not saying it’s nothing. I know you. I mean, if you’re this wigged about it, there’s gotta be something there. I just think. . .” Buffy hesitated as if she was looking for the right words. “Maybe you should, I don’t know . . . research it? Talk to someone who might understand it more? Maybe someone at the coven or even Giles? You know, before you totally lose it,” Buffy finished with a sympathetic look at her friend.

Willow nodded slowly. Buffy was right. The nightmares had just started three days ago. She wasn’t seeing stuff right – lack of sleep was making her read more into things than was actually there. “Yeah, I can do that. Terese maybe can help. I’ll talk to her, uh, next week at my lesson. She’s all intuitive and stuff, she should be able to offer . . . I don’t know . . . some insight. Thanks, Buffy,” Willow smiled.

“No big, I’m finally really here for the people I love. I love you, Willow,” Buffy said, smiling.
“I love you too, Buffy,” Willow replied. She felt as though a huge weight had lifted itself from her shoulders. She hadn't realized how much tension she'd been carrying around since the nightmares had started and she could feel how tired she was.

They stood up and hugged each other tightly.

“You know, I’m loving this whole time for my family thing I’ve got going on lately. I really missed you guys when I wasn’t with you,” Buffy said. “Go get some rest. Unsleepiness will help figure out the Kennedy sitch.”

“Yeah. You’re right.” Willow smiled sleepily. “See you at dinner?”

“Definitely.”

As they walked out of the library, Buffy slung her arm around Willow’s shoulders as Willow slipped her arm around Buffy’s waist.

“Totally irrelevant, but do you find it odd that we’re always with the books? School library, Giles’ place, The Magic Box, my living room and now here? It’s always with the books with us.”

Willow giggled, “Yeah, but at least we overruled Giles on the whole ‘no computers in the library’ issue.”

“Good point.”

“What are you going to do now that you’ve settled my case of the wiggins?” Willow asked, stifling a yawn.

“Xander asked me to stop by the construction office after I saw you.”

“Wait . . . you were looking for me? Uh, why? Did you need something?” Willow asked, confused as to why Buffy hadn't said anything.

Buffy smiled. “Yup. Needed to find out what was going on with my best friend. You know, Will, you really can’t hide from me or Xander. We’ve got that whole in-tuney-soul-connecty thing going on. I went to the construction site to ask him if he knew what was going on with you. He said he didn’t but had been wondering if he should talk to you or wait for you to come to us. You know, in the past, I probably would have waited - I used to wait - but Dawn once said something about none of us ever asking for help when we need it. I think she’s right, we don’t ask because we don’t want to bother anyone. But, you know, that’s what family does. They get all bothery. That’s why we like living on top of each other. It’s like a safety net. We all make the mistake of thinking if someone needs help they’ll ask but none of us ever does. We’re kind of stupid that way,” Buffy smiled. “Anyway, that’s where I’m headed. You want me to not say anything?”

Willow shook her head. She was so grateful that she had not one but two best friends who loved her unconditionally. They lived together after fighting demons side by side for years and they still loved each other. She smiled at Buffy. “Of course you can tell Xander.”

They were at the bottom of the stairs in the main hallway. “Okay. Here’s where you get off,” Buffy said, then pointed upstairs. “You go sleep.”

They hugged again, then Buffy headed out to find Xander while Willow headed upstairs to, hopefully, get some much needed rest.

Last edited by CaughtNtheQuiet on Tue May 20, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:20 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Chapter 2 - Xander's Dilemma

“I don’t care,” Dawn insisted for what seemed like the hundredth time. “I don’t care about the age difference or your missing eye. I don’t care what Buffy or Willow or Giles or anyone else would say. I love you. And don’t tell me you don’t love me. Because I know you do.”

Xander sighed and looked beyond Dawn at the horizon. This was Willow’s favorite spot. She came here to think because she said it helped her clear the fuzzies. Xander was feeling anything but clear but he had to admit the view from the hill was nice. “Dawnie . . .” he started but didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t believe he had fallen in love with his best friend’s little sister. But he had. Over the past eight months, he and Dawn had spent a lot of time together. She was amazing. He had always thought so but when she and Buffy came back from Italy, she was . . . different. She was no longer just Buffy’s kid sister. She was a confident, beautiful young woman. And he was a not-quite-middle-aged-but-kind-of-felt-like-it guy with one eye and a few too many nightmares. He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair.

Dawn interrupted him, “I’m eighteen. I’m old enough to make my own decisions about who and what I want.”

“Dawn, you don’t know what you know . . .” he felt as frustrated as she looked. What was he doing and how the hell had he gotten here? He found himself wishing they were still in Sunnydale so he could find a vampire or a demon or something to vent his frustrations on.

“Yes. I do. We’ve spent all this time together and I only want to be with you more. Xander . . .”

His resolve began to crumble as Dawn looked at him, almost pleadingly. ‘I couldn’t get that lucky. She’s not a demon or an ex-demon. Although she was . . . is? . . . the key,’ he thought to himself before saying, “It’s a crush, that’s all. Because of all the time we’ve spent together. It’s not love Dawn,” he said, more firmly than he felt. How could he hope to convince her when he couldn't even convince himself?

“No,” she said firmly. “I had a crush on you as a kid. I got over it when Spike started hanging around and I thought he was cool because he didn’t treat me like a kid even when I was one. But I’m not a kid anymore,” she had started to shout and her face was flushed. He shook his head as she took several deep breaths then continued, “ I know this is real. You can’t deny it. I know you love me . . . that you’re in love with me. We’ve talked for hours. I know how you think. We’ve laughed, and talked, and watched movies, and gone over blueprints. There’s very little we haven’t shared or talked about. Up to and including the fact that I lost my virginity to Luca Bordinero in Venice and how you did it with Faith. Of all people, ” Dawn rolled her eyes and looked at him with the 'what-were-you-thinking' look he was getting to know all too well. “ You’ve become my best friend. And when I kissed you last night . . . youkissedmeback,” she said in a rush.

“And I shouldn’t have, Dawn. I don’t know how it happened, how I let it go so far . . .” he blushed at the memory. He couldn't believe he had kissed her. Okay, she'd initiated it but he hadn't exactly pushed her away; hadn't wanted to push her away.

She looked at him, exasperated. “Xander, there were two of us there, not just you. Besides, it isn’t like we wound up in bed. It was a kiss. A kiss shared by two people who love each other.”

Shaking his head to clear away the image of Dawn, naked, in his bed he protested, “But you’re my best friend’s kid sister . . .” he raked his hand through his hair again. Why was this guy/girl thing so damn complicated?

“I AM NOT a kid,” she shouted at him, jaw firmly set, eyes blazing.

Xander sighed. “No, you’re not. But you are still Buffy’s little sister. And yes, you’ve become one of my best friends, too. You’re beautiful, you’re smart . . . God are you smart. You’re funny and sweet and kind and a hundred other things,” Xander said. He was getting more frustrated by the minute. He loved her. And he felt like jerk. “There is a six year age difference . . .”

“I told you I don’t care about that,” Dawn interjected.

“And in six years maybe that doesn’t matter,” he said, continuing as if she hadn‘t spoken, “but Dawnie, you still have a lot of life to experience. I don’t want to hold you back from that. School, travel, career,” he hated to say it, but did anyway, “dating a bunch of guys so you can figure out what you like in a guy. There’s so much you could and should do.”

But I want to do it all with you,” she said softly.

He looked at her and felt his heart ache as he took her hands in his and answered her just as softly. “Dawn, honey, I’m settled here. This is where my life is. Here. At Scooby Central with Willow and Buffy and Giles.” Xander stopped. There was nothing more he could say. Dawn deserved more than . . . what was that song? Something about being too young to feel this damn old. He sighed. She deserved better than this.

Dawn looked over his shoulder, then back at him. “Buffy is headed this way but believe me . . . this conversation is not over,” she said before stalking off toward Scooby Central.

Xander watched Dawn walk away and tried to stop himself from thinking about how great she looked in her jeans. He shook his head, not missing Buffy’s puzzled expression as her sister strode by without a word. ‘What is it with me and the Summers women? Thank God there were only three of them,’ he thought. He made a mental note to talk to his guys about catching the stray cat that had just darted past Dawn. Damn thing had been all over the place and he was afraid it would get hurt or cause someone else to get hurt.

“What’s the what?” Buffy asked as she reached him.

He so did not want to talk to her about Dawn. He shrugged, “Nothing. Just a difference of opinion. You talk to Willow?” he asked, not so smoothly changing the subject.

“Yeah. She’s totally freaked,” Buffy said and started to relate her conversation with Willow to him. Xander’s mind drifted, wondering what he was going to do about Dawn and worrying about her persistence. Would he be able to stay strong and resist her? What would Buffy say? What would Willow think? ‘I know I shouldn’t care what anyone else thinks but . . .’ he thought as he sighed deeply.

“Xander, are you even listening?” Buffy asked, pushing at his shoulder.

“Huh? Oh. Sorry, Buff, mind wanderings,” he said, shuffling his feet as he averted his eyes from Buffy’s gaze.

“Okay. What gives? Will’s in trouble, could be serious, and you’re on planet Xander. I thought we had an agreement . . . only one of the three of us could meltdown at any one time. I can’t handle two meltdowns by myself. So, what’s going on?”

“It’s nothing Buffy. Really. Nothing major,” ‘and nothing I want to talk about with you,’ he added silently to himself. “Just some stuff on my mind, not really meltdown material. Honest,” he insisted. He could tell she wasn’t buying it but she seemed to decide it wasn’t worth pursuing.
“Fine. I’ll let it go. For now,” she said, emphasizing the 'for now' with a pointed look.

“Good. So what are we going to do about Willow?” Relieved that Buffy let it go, Xander made a conscious effort to relegate the Dawn dilemma to the back of his mind. He really didn't want to do the whole 'talk to the big sister' deal with Buff. He forced himself to focus on what Buffy was saying about Willow.

“So we just wait and see? And we’re sure this has nothing to do with her and Kennedy splitting?” he asked. Will and Kennedy's end wasn't a surprise. They'd never really made the kind of sense that Tara and Willow had. Will and Tara had seemed to fit. Kennedy and Will . . . Xander shook his head as the phrase 'my girlfriend has a tongue ring' took him to naughty places.

“Yep. We keep an eye on her. And yeah, she was pretty matter-of-fact about the whole breakup thing. The Taramares are causing her a major wiggins, though,” Buffy said, wrinkling her forehead in concern.

Xander nodded, “Okay. Well, we tag team with Willow duty , make sure one of us knows where she is until we get this figured out.”

Buffy nodded her head in agreement. “Okay. I’m gonna go find Giles and see what he has to say about all of this. And Xander,” she said slowly, “when you’re ready to tell me what’s going on with you and Dawn, let me know.” Buffy smiled and walked away, leaving Xander staring after her in disbelief.

Last edited by CaughtNtheQuiet on Tue May 20, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Willow's Promise (W/T, B/A, X/D)(Teen)
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:53 pm 
:clap :clap This is cool! I love the dialogue and the possibilities of Tara coming back for Willow. And I like how Xander and Dawn are interested in each other. Great beginning! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 pm 

"Taramares." PRedictably buffy, but Is till like the word.

But this is a Dawnder universe? Second thoughts having am I. But I'll stick it out

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:52 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

TOTALLY stick it out. I've been privilaged enough to read the whole work and it's fanfreakingtastic. BTW, 'Buff - I don't know if I've ever fell down at your feet and told you just how GD wonderful this fic is.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am 
I hope you stick around also - I have a feeling this story will be amazing! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 pm 

Well, considering how long I've been bugging her on this. I'd be a fool and a hypocrite to bail now. especially since I really like stories which have a real reason for Tara coming back instead of just being an arbitrary "fix."

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:42 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

*G* I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. Check back every Tuesday for the next chapter. It's completed, so you don't have to worry that you'll be left hanging except for however many weeks it takes me to post it all *G*

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:08 pm 
Cool! Looking forward to Tuesday's update then. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:02 pm 

Oh wow, this story ROCKS!!!! Please post more...but one favor - would you mind sticking to one color when you post..it's kind of distracting and this is too good a story to be distracted from.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:43 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Glad you're liking it...updates will be posted every Tuesday and yes, I will stick to one color (this one)if that makes it easier to read. Hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:23 pm 
It is a great story! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:50 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 YIM  Profile

Taramares

“You promised you’d always find me.”

Willow woke with a start, bathed in sweat. Checking the clock, she sighed, ‘not even an hour. Maybe a bath,’ she thought. Dragging herself from the bed, Willow padded into the bathroom connected to the room she and Kennedy shared. After being forced to share one bathroom with countless potentials, they had all agreed that each bedroom needed a private bath. As she ran the water, she considered how far they had come. Financial difficulties were a thing of the past. Since Giles was the senior Watcher left alive after the First’s wanton destruction, the Council’s legal representatives had handed all of the Watcher's Council’s assets over to him. There were properties and businesses all over the world, livestock, stocks, bonds, bank accounts, ‘Accessed by some nifty hacker work, thank you very much,’ Willow thought, giving herself a mental pat on the back. It had been almost a year and Willow still wasn’t sure they’d discovered all that the Watcher's Council possessed. The Scooby Central Slayer Complex was one of the first things they discovered. The mansion and the acreage surrounding it had been acquired in 1966 by the Council but never used. They found no mention of the original intent anywhere. Buffy and Giles had proposed turning it into Slayer Central because of its proximity to the coven. Willow was thrilled at the prospect of being that close to the coven and had instantly agreed with them. Xander pointed out that with the amount of acreage, expansion would be easy so he and Dawn made it unanimous. Now, they had all the resources they’d ever need right at their . . . ’well, almost’ . . . fingertips. It was a long, tedious process because the Council hadn’t left a lot of detailed information about anything. Everything the legal boys had was turned over to Giles. Everything else they presumed was lost in the blast.

Willow lit some candles and turned on some soft music. After stripping down, she slid into the bathtub, and closed her eyes, letting the music wash over her. Breathing deeply, she began to relax. The warm water, the music and the lightly scented candles began to make her drowsy.

Walking through the wreckage, Willow could hear Tara’s voice,
“Juno, Goddess of the Moon,
please protect me
in this darkest time
in my season of need.
Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow
Messenger of women,
I beseech thee
allow my cry to be heard”

Willow looked around and realized she was standing in what was left of Buffy’s house in Sunnydale. Tara was sitting on the floor, eyes closed, candles laid out in a pentagram. Willow heard her incantation again
“Juno, Guardian of Women
I seek your protection
Iris please fly
on your wings of gold
please allow my plight
to be told”

“Tara,” Willow said hesitantly.

Tara’s eyes opened and she stared into Willow’s. “You promised you would always find me.”

Willow started trembling at the accusation in Tara’s voice and the pain in her eyes. “Tara . . . baby . . . I’m sorry. Tell me what to do . . . ”

“Willow, wake up. Come on, baby, wake up.”

Willow jolted awake, splashing water over the edge of the tub. She looked blankly at Kennedy.

“Baby, are you okay?” Concern was written all over Kennedy's face.

“I thought I asked you not to call me that,” Willow said irritably; that was for her and Tara alone.

“I’m sorry. I forgot. Buffy said you were lying down – I came in to check on you. I heard you cry out so I came in.” Kennedy sighed. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired,” Willow responded automatically. “Let me get dressed and we can go down for dinner.”

Kennedy smiled, “Or you could not get dressed and we could skip dinner.”

“Not now, sweetie.” Willow smiled to soften the rejection. “I’m really not in the mood.” Willow felt Kennedy tense up. ‘Uh-oh,’ she thought, ‘here it comes.’

“Okay. Let’s get some dinner.” Kennedy turned and walked out of the bathroom.

Willow sighed, knowing she had just hurt Kennedy. ‘I’m going to have to end this,’ she thought. ‘I’m really not being fair to either of us holding on like this.’ She walked into the bedroom. “Kennedy . . . ” the room was empty. “Okay then, after dinner for the talking.”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Willow walked into the dining room, but no one was there yet. Grateful for a few more moments to herself, Willow poured herself a tumbler of water from the pitcher that was always on the sideboard. She sat down at her usual place at the table, at Buffy’s right hand, across from Xander. She smiled as she ran her hand lovingly over the oak table. They had all agreed that, while tablecloths were nice, they preferred to allow the tables to acquire the scars of use. She followed the patterns in the grain of the wood, allowing herself to become mesmerized by them.

please protect me
in this darkest time
in my season of need.

Messenger of women,
I beseech thee
allow my cry to be heard
Juno, Guardian of Women
I seek your protection
Iris please fly
on your wings of gold
please allow my plight
to be told”

“Tara?” Willow felt the panic rise within her. Where was she and why did she keep coming back here?

Tara’s eyes opened and she stared into Willow’s. “You promised you would always find me.”

“Tara . . . ”

“Will, wake up. Will, it’s a dream.” Buffy was gently shaking her; Willow could feel the pull away from Tara but, as scared as she was, didn’t want to go. Tara needed her. She jumped and looked at Buffy.

“Will . . . you okay?” Buffy’s face looked like she was trying to hide how worried she was. “Another dream?”

Willow nodded, unable to speak. She felt her stomach drop out; the woman she loved needed her and Willow had no idea how to find her. Or how to help Tara even if she could find her. Buffy knelt in front of her and gathered Willow into her arms, gently rocking as the tears started rolling down Willow's face and onto Buffy’s shoulder.

“Shhh . . . it’s going to be okay,” Buffy crooned softly.

After a few minutes, Willow stopped crying and straightened up. “Thanks, Buffy. I’m just so tired,” she sighed.

“I know, Will. We’re going to figure this out. I promise.”

Willow nodded and Buffy stood up as the others came in for dinner.

“Hey, two of my all-time favorite people,” Xander said as he walked in. “How goes it? Everything okay?”

“Fine. Willow and I were just talking about how well the construction is going. We should be up and running by October as planned. Right, Xander?”

“Yep. You know . . . as long as there isn’t an impending apocalypse we have to squish,” he grinned.

Willow knew he was trying to deflect attention from her tear stained face. She saw the worried look in his eye and knew that he was all too aware of what was going on when he walked in. While grateful for her friends' concern, Willow felt guilty for worrying them.

The others were chattering and seemingly oblivious to what they had walked in on.

“The training facility looks great,” Kennedy said. Willow noticed Kennedy didn't look at her and sighed inwardly. Kennedy was pretending nothing happened. Because she was Willow's girlfriend, Kennedy was the only “new” slayer in residence. Others would not arrive until the dormitories were finished. Until then, the young slayers and their watchers were being housed in hotels and apartments around the world, being taught the basics of their callings until the training facility was up and running.

“Dawn and I have been putting a sort of demon database together. She’s really quite adept at the computer. And her grasp of Ancient languages is superb,” Giles said, obviously pleased at Dawn's ability to understand what she was studying.

“Just because school was canceled, doesn't mean I didn’t learn anything last year. This stuff is just so cool,” Dawn chimed in. Willow noted Dawn was flushed; whether embarrassed or excited, Willow wasn't sure.

“Yo, B, after chow, can we put our heads together for a few?” Faith asked, flopping into a chair.

“Sure, Faith. Everything okay?” The concern in Buffy's voice was mirrored in her face.

“Five by five. Just an idea I want to run past you,” Faith replied, snagging a roll as one of the staff members started putting food on the table.

“Coolness. After dinner . . . that works.” Willow could see the relief in her best friend's face. 'Probably worried it was just one more problem she was going to have to deal with.' Willow thought before she stopped listening to the chatter around her and tried to make some sense of what was happening. There was something to these dreams . . . if only she could clear her head. If only they would all just shut up . . . all of their inane yammery selves.

“Earth to Willow. Come in Willow . . . ” Buffy’s voice cut through her non-thoughts.

“What?” she snapped. Dammit, why couldn't they all just leave her alone?

“Uh, no need to bite my head off when we’ve got a table full of food to bite into,” Buffy replied, hands raised in mock surrender.

Willow blushed as conversation came to a screeching halt and everyone stared at her. “Sorry, Buff. I was a million miles away.” She smiled tiredly at her friend. “What did you say?”

“I asked if you were eating.” Willow felt guilty again because the concern was back in Buffy's voice.

“Uh, no. I’m not feeling all that well . . . my tummy. I think I’m gonna turn in. Good night everyone,” Willow answered, getting up and smiling her apology to Buffy.

“Will, it’s only six o’clock. Are you okay?” Xander asked, concern now written all over his face. Willow sighed and thought she'd better get her Taramaring under control. Soon, soon would be good.

Willow smiled wanly, “Yeah. Just tired and my tummy’s all rumbly.” She didn't feel up to getting into a big conversation right now. She just wanted to get away from all these people.

“I’ll be up to check on you in a little while, ba . . . honey,” Kennedy said, catching herself.

“‘kay,” Willow said, heading back up to her room. Quietness. That's what she needed.

Willow was lost in thought, then she was lost. Unsure of where she made the wrong turn and too tired to reason it out. She was standing in a parlor where she was pretty sure a parlor shouldn’t be. Sighing, she sat down in an overstuffed chair. Her last conscious thought was that the chair was the color of Tara’s hair . . . and it felt like she had sunk into Tara’s warm embrace.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Willow looked around and felt the familiar dread. She was standing in what was left of Buffy’s house in Sunnydale. She could hear Tara’s chanting and moved in its direction.

please protect me
in this darkest time
in my season of need.
Messenger of women,
I beseech thee
allow my cry to be heard
Juno, Guardian of Women
I seek your protection
Iris please fly
on your wings of gold
please allow my plight
to be told”

She saw Tara, her eyes still closed. She was as beautiful as Willow remembered. ‘Well, duh, it’s your mind creating the image.’

Tara looked tired and frightened. ‘My mind wouldn’t do that,’ Willow thought. 'What's going on?'

“Tara,” Will tentatively called to her lost lover.

Once again, Tara’s eyes opened and looked directly at Willow. “You promised you’d always find me.”

Again, Willow saw the pain in Tara’s eyes. “Tara, baby – tell me – what can I do?” Willow felt tears rolling down her face. She couldn't bear seeing Tara in so much pain. It hurt to breathe.

“You have to find me. You left me. Everything is so wrong. You should be here with me,” Tara said pleadingly.

Willow struggled to understand. “Where are you? Help me understand.” Terror flooded Willow. “Baby, what can I do? What do you need?” she asked, panic welling up within her. Her girl needed her and Willow had no way to reach her.

Tara stood up and walked toward Willow. “Keep your promise. Find me.” Willow tried to go to Tara but found she couldn't move.

Suddenly Willow was standing at the new high school. The new high school? Sunnydale? And she could see the Hellmouth opened wide. ‘But, we won. Tara died a year before any of this. Why is this here?” She was so confused. 'What am I doing here? Why am I seeing this?'

Willow walked through the school. She was afraid even though she knew she was trapped in her nightmare. She passed through the atrium and saw . . . “oh my goddess . . . ” Dawn and Xander. Or, rather, what was left of them. “NOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . ” Willow screamed.

“Willow! Will, come on, wake up. Willow!” Willow felt herself being torn from the nightmare. Someone was shaking her, calling her. She was slow in rousing and when she opened her eyes, Xander’s concerned face was looking down at her. “Will, you okay? What are you doing here? We thought you were going to bed? You, uh, missed your mark, Will.”

“Xander!” Willow exclaimed, leaping into his arms. Relief washed over her. Xander was alive and he was here.

“Whoa. Okay, Will, you’re shaking like a leaf. What’s going on?” he asked, hugging her tightly.

Willow began sobbing uncontrollably. Xander held onto her, rocking her and making nonsensical soothing noises. Slowly, Willow’s breathing returned to normal, though the tears still flowed freely. “I’m okay, Xander. Really,” she said, attempting a smile.

“I’ve seen you okay, Will. This is nothing like what okay looks like on you. I’ve only seen you like this twice; when Buffy died and when Tara died. You are not okay.” Xander’s concern was in his voice. “Come on, let’s get you to your room,” he said, placing a hand on her back and leading her away from the parlor and to her room.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:07 pm 

Okay, if Willow is getting visions from the Tara of a world where (I'm guesstimating here) "Willow...you went away" means Warren killed her instead of Tara.
Now, the description of sunnydale doesn't seem (from Willow's reaction) to exactly amtch the one after "Chosen." So, does it just mean that, in this universe, the good guys suffered mroe casualties? Or, does it mean that, with Tara instead of Willow as their witch, they just plain lost the battle and Tara is in hiding in a psot-apocalyptic world?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 pm 

Good Questions - Daddycatalso - I can't wait to see how this plays out. It's fantastic

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:57 pm 
Wow! I wonder if this vision that Willow's just had will cause them all to go back to Sunnydale to recount what happened....this was an excellent update! I loved reading it very much - I wonder how Will will get back to Tara - hopefully there will be a way that Tara can come back to Willow and then Willow can show Kennedy that her heart still belongs to Tara, then Kennedy won't blame her too much for still having feelings for Tara. I look forward to next week! :) :clap :clap :clap :clap :grouphug

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm 

Angie; I can't wait either but as for your answers, remember please this is a full-length novel so the solid conclusions are pretty much a year or so off. But I'm enjoying the ride.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:21 pm 
That's true, you're right...but I have to add my hopes in there anyway! :lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next