It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chat Difficulties
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:57 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

if you are having chat difficulties - please describe them here. Be as specific as possible, and include what operating system and browser you are using.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Chat Difficulties
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 am 

I had difficulties accessing the chat. I tried a number of times and each time it displayed the script saying what time I had logged in. It usually also showed somewhere between 1 and 3 other posts and then nothing. Once or twice it just displayed that I had logged in, but did not show any of the chat messages. I could see the full list of who was in the room. If I typed anything, it did not display it, although I assume that at least the message that I was there showed up for the others becuase they emailoed me to try to work out what was going on.

Most of the other functions still worked. I could display all of the options, however if I tried to turn on the background image (I usually have this turned off) it did not change the display. I only discovered this because I started fiddling around trying to work out what was going on and wanted to know what worked and what didn't. The close button on the top right did not work either. The only way I could log out was by closing the tab in the browser. I did not get any error messages.

I am using Vista and IE. I used the chatroom on a couple of occaisions in this past week without any problems - this was the first time that it didn't work.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:36 am 

which IE, 6, or 7?

and that was an awesome description, thank you

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:33 am 

IE 7

Glad it helped

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:44 am 

I was having the exact same problem(s) that Grizzly just listed. Verbatim.

ETA: And I have the same browser.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:06 am 

I do know previously I had had isssues. I could log in no problem it would say I entered the chat room but when I would begin to type my message would not post and I could not see the chat. I eventually re-registered and then I was able to get into the chat no problem. Yesterday I got into the chat room around 1 PST and stayed in, people were in there and some were having slight issues of their posts freezing or having to retype the message more then once. I do know that one of the people was in and everything was good then she had to leave and when she tried to logg back in at like 2:30-3:30 PST she could not.Thats when pretty much everyone who tried to get in could not.
And for the record when I eventually got out of the chatroom, and tried to return I could not get back in.

I used Internet Explorer but I also tried my Firefox browser.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 am 

I've been having difficulties just as of today. I've been "making sure it works" for a few days and I've had no problems. However, today it seems to be that I can't stay in the chat room. The site itself has been giving me problems today, so when it finally started working, I popped into the chat room. I was able to chat for about 10 minutes or so before my posts stopped showing up. I would hear the sound but my posts weren't showing up when I typed them. When I exited the chat to sign back in and see if that worked, the website was down once again. Seems to be a vicious circle this time.

EDIT: Using Firefox.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm 

I had no difficulties myself, but there were people who could not post at all. Some could recieve and respond to PMs, but could not post in the room itself.

I'm not sure if it's a broswer issue, though. I have not had any trouble, and I am using Vista and IE7.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:40 pm 

HI, I hadn't had chat difficulties until today. There was only 4 ppl including myself that were logged in. The time was at 12:30pmish EST today. I was able to log in successfully however, 4 times my chat lines did not post to the public log background after clicking enter or send, but it did delete from my input box.
The lines that did post, posted very slowly. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:47 pm 

Okay, I don't know if I can be as specific as Grizzly, but I'm gonna try:

I've got the latest version of Firefox installed. Yesterday I logged in from work and had no issues for the four hours I stayed in the room. I logged off the chat (using the circled 'x' in the upper right hand corner of the chat, not the browser exit button) and made sure not to shut down until after the "logging out of chat room" pop up disappeared. I went home, and was successfully able to log in. I could see all the others in the room, but I could not see any posting, and my posts were not showing up either. I attempted using the log out button for the chat, but nothing happened. I exited using the browser exit button, and instead of the "logging out of chat" message I received an error that stated "Forbidden" and saying that I did not have permission to access the majik server. I tried to log in again, and got the same "Forbidden" error. I cleared my browser history, closed my browser, opened a new browser, and tried to log in again but received the same error. I cleared my browser history again, restarted my computer, and tried to log in, which was unsuccessful. I exited out of Firefox and tried to log in using IE 6 (this is a work laptop, and because of some work related programs we can't upgrade to IE 7). I received the same "Forbidden" error in IE 6.

I reregistered using a different user name and tried to log in with the new user name (since that seems to have worked for others). I continued to get the same error. After the chat event (1 AM CST) I logged back in and was able to post sporadically. This afternoon when I initially logged in under "Filo" I logged in successfully, but I couldn't see my options toolbar, or anyone posting. I logged out and logged back in under "FiloLicksYourFace" successfully. I was able to post and see messages. The connection timed out at around 1:30 CST, and after three minutes I was able to log back in (Using Filo) successfully. As of the time of this post the chat room is currently working.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm 

fucking chat - stupid fucking chat :bash :bash :bash

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:58 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

Man, that sucks what you all write here. But paticipate, I didn't plan to get in, so I can't describe any problems.

Just wanted to say that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:27 pm 

I can't get in. It tells me my username or pw are wrong, but i typed and re-typed both a million times, and they're NOT wrong. :(

FF on XP.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 pm 

are you using a capital Y and typing your password however you originally typed it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm 

I'm having issues logging in to the chat as well. It's telling me I have the incorrect username and password, and I know for a fact they're both correct. I tried varying the capital letters and the lowercase letters, etc. Nothing. I'm using Firefox. And I've been in chat before and it's all been fine and dandy.

EDIT: I just figured it out. I don't know what it did. But I figured it out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:12 pm 

glad i could be of assistance to you :lol